Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: D-pegs V6 Scion supercharger kit

Cfm stands for cubic feet per min

Quote Originally Posted by rbuckingham View Post
    From when I was looking at info on the vortech website the charger capable of 20 psi, producing 700 cfm at an impeller speed of 60,000 rpm. I will one day finish getting mine bolted on my 1zz.
    AFAIK it's max boost is only 14psi (hardly seems worth it :D ) but shoving through an impressive 750cfm of air at 52000rpm. The TRD M62 Eaton unit is 395cfm @ 7psi with NO INTERCOOLING POSSIBLE. Which is why Moustachio's figures were no surprise to me. I look forward to his further testing on the CC to see what that thing can hit......

...... May even convince me to change to a CC also eventually.

1200hp per kg of air per second is a good flow to power estimate when you don't have application specific numbers. it should give you a number that's attainable if you don't need to tweak with an over-rich mixture or pull back the timing too much.

so, 325-340hp = 270-285g/s and there's about 36.53 grams per cubic feet (making pressure and temperature assumptions) so 444-468CFM

and, if you want to hit the magic 400hp to the ground, you're looking at 468 at the flywheel which is 390g/s or 640CFM

but that's the easy part. you need fuel, spark and cam timing now.

Thankfully i'll be happy at 300-fly Marc as i feel heads (though i have worked them) and cams will be the hold-back factor.

Quote Originally Posted by dgh938peg View Post
    I look forward to his further testing on the CC to see what that thing can hit......

...... May even convince me to change to a CC also eventually.
    I wanted to go intercooled rather than CC'd due to its simplicity and lightness etc, but there just wasn't anywhere decent on a mk1 for good air flow to put an intercooler...

tee hee, 330bhp. :)

graphs to follow soon.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    That's 2gr territory, very well done :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

330bhp coolio now i wonder if the same formula could be used for the 2gr 100bhp more, if only i could get it to the new evora 440bhp.

good going cant wait for the graph, is there any more room for improvement or was that at max?

plenty left to go but the engine is on stock internals... probably not going to last very long ... going to have to source another 1mz and build it up ready for when the current one dies!

All credit has to go to Rogue though, I just sign the cheques!

330..... Fantastic! That's bang on the figures i worked out... :thumbsup:

*takes the kick up the pants and will now crack on*