12345612 ...

thread: D-pegs V6 Scion supercharger kit

Sep 2007
    Up the creek
    You git Paul! Beat me to it!

Still designing my brackets for the 3vz lol!

Well done mate and echo Gouky's thoughts. It will be bloody close like that PW! I can get the measurement from the corner of the front bank cam cover to the firewall on the 3vz and 1mz if you like?

This is as close as mine got to fitting LOL!!!

Apr 2007
    South London
    Wow! Brilliant Paul :thumbsup: I'm guessing by the colour of that pictured 1MZ, that a Roadster will be the first recipient of this. If it fits in a Mk3, then it'll go in all the Mks probably.
    I am glued to this one and have have to say it looks a winner to me. Nice!
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Jul 2008
    Longview, Washington
    Wow! Brilliant Paul :thumbsup: I'm guessing by the colour of that pictured 1MZ, that a Roadster will be the first recipient of this. If it fits in a Mk3, then it'll go in all the Mks probably.
    I am glued to this one and have have to say it looks a winner to me. Nice!
    supercharged 1mz in mk3 = :clap:

Sep 2006
    Ireland
    And here was me about to sell up two 3VZFE's , g /boxs & ancillaries for a Mrk I & II conversion so I could start a 2GR-FE war chest, and now you do this.

Damn you Woods, Damn you to hell.
    "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Sep 2006
    Damn you Woods, Damn you to hell.
    We refer to it as Durham matey.

Sep 2007
    stockport
    Or turdsdale.

Sep 2006
    Ireland
    We refer to it as Durham matey.
    Is it that cold in hell, and it didn't look like hell in the snow sled video, but thats the trouble with hell, you don't know you there till its all gone to far and then its pay up day.

One soul for sale, going cheap as it has no mileage left in it, pm me!!

Good on you Paul, looking forward to seeing the finished product and the cost.

In the voice of Wimpy from popeye, I would gladly pay you a 3VZ for a Supercharger today.
    "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Thanks for the support folks but i'm now looking at my set up and pictures of v6's in engine bays and there is a doubt now as to wether it will fit like this. Of course a little firewall modification and of course it will fit, i was just hoping to make it a little more user friendly than that, i guess i will find out when the time comes to stick one in. Also looking at pics i think this will fit the Mk1 v6's easiest of all and i do think a Mk3 is going to need some doctoring in the firewall area. Looking at it closer the Mk2 may have an issue with the heater lines being in the way, that might be a biggy (but not impossible).

Nige this engine is indeed going into a roadster (colour was a giveaway eh!) but not with the SC, i just took the opportunity of having a 1mz at hand to mount the SC before i hang the engine.

There is no other location for this shaft driven SC unless you bin the inlet plenum, mount it in the Vee or further back and then of course we need a custom plenum which is big bucks. I think firewall modification (if needed) is a small price to pay to get this to work.

Progress on this might be slow as i need to do this as a sideline project so bear with me, i will update the thread with the kits development as i go.

Dan i think your 3vz top rad pipe design is going to get in the way of yours mate, that will need a rework, i've got a mk2 v6 here i can take measurements from but cheers anyway bud.

Sorry about messing with your head slipslide! :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Jun 2006
    Northampton
    Whooohooo finally an alternative SC - well done paul

Goes and logs onto Ebay motors

Aug 2006
    Worthing, West Sussex
    Paul, great work (as usual!).....!

I saw this and started dreaming of all those horses....

...but then reality kicked in, and unless I'm willing / able / can afford to strip the engine down,and do all the mods to the internals, its not really worth it for me....I'd certainly want a bit more than "low boost" on a setup like this...!

Anyway, enough of this tinkering, Mr.Woods...!!! :naughty:

Keep focused: A U D I V 8 M k 1...!!!!! :D

12345612 ...

•