Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: D-pegs V6 Scion supercharger kit

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

D-pegs V6 Scion supercharger kit

Hi folks, it's no secret that i have been working on an alternative supercharging kit for the V6 for the last year or so.... well the planning and research started a year ago but most of the actual mechanical work has been in the last few days.

The plan here is to supply a total kit that will allow the Scion TC unit to bolt straight onto a 3vz-fe and 1mz-fe as a DIY fitment with every single bracket, pipe, fitting, hose and component supplied except for the supercharger unit itself.

The Scion TC unit is readily available on US ebay for anything from $250 to $1000 ,i picked mine up for around $300 if i remember right, and it has very few if any miles on it, so there will be no problem at all with supply of these units unlike the TRD camry one which is costly and has big limitations in terms of cooling and tuning scope.

I will be supplying everything else needed to make this SC work, including a new intercooler, blow off valve and boost control. The kit will also include a modified upper sump casing with the oil return plumbed in (1mz) or modified steel sump for the 3vz versions. It will all be completely plug and play and will fit Mk1,Mk2 and Mk3 v6's.

What you will not get is injector or fuel control upgrades to exploit the most from this unit. In its current form it is capable of supplying much more boost than a stock v6 can take both mechanically and fuel delivery wise, so my kit will have its boost control set to a minimum "low blow" set up that will fuel fine on a stock set of v6 injectors and ECU. If you want to take it further you will need a head gasket upgrade, forged pistons, rods, injectors and a standalone ECU. Expected power from such a build is unknown but the low blow basic install should return at least what the TRD camry unit does ( i honestly expect it to deliver more due to it being intercooled and a more efficient set up)

The good news is this unit should supply up to 14psi if you really wanted, but obviously you will need to build the motor/fuelling to cope with that. This kit will make the supercharging aspect very easy indeed, i am basically taking all of the hard work out of it.

All kits will come with step by step fitting instructions and will be supplied on an exchange basis for your old 1mz-fe upper sump casing (easy to remove) or 3vz-fe steel sump.

Pricing for the kit is unknown at present as i have only just started its manufacture.

Here are some pics of where we are at the moment, the first kit i develop will be for the 1mz-fe with a 3vz-fe kit to follow after that. The supercharger is fully mounted with all bracketry completed.

I will update this thread as the kit develops further, any questions just ask, cheers paul.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Excellent work Mr Woods. This is the huge boost that the V6 early adopters have been waiting for. Can't wait to see how it performs.

I think it will go and sound pretty well! There should be lots of strange noises coming from the bay from SC whine to boost control flutter to BOV dumping on higher boost applications.

The best aspect is the cooling for me though, and my boost control method will mean no messing around with pulley sizes.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Paul you are the man :-)
    Hope you have the 3VZ kits sorted by the time I finish building my engine up
    I can hopefully be the first Aussie to try it out
    Just a quick question though, do you think this will work with aircon on the 3VZ?

Yes i should have the 3vz kits done within a month or so of the 1mz kit, it's just hard to find time to devote to these projects.

Yep it will definately work with AC equipped v6's, i just need to supply a different belt with those.

Paul, I don't mean to second guess you, but is there really room in the MKII chassis with the charger mounted there? is the 1mz/3vz that much smaller than the 2GR?

If I could mount the rotrex there my life would be so much simpler.

paul would this kit fit in my celica gen 5 1mz

Paul, I don't mean to second guess you, but is there really room in the MKII chassis with the charger mounted there? is the 1mz/3vz that much smaller than the 2GR?
    That is not 100% known at the moment, i am expecting it to be tight, but we won't know until we try.... worst case scenario the front firewall may need "adjusting" ahem!

paul would this kit fit in my celica gen 5
    Yes it should, with maybe a rad fan relocation and battery relocation yes i think it will.

Looking at some of my earlier Mk2 v6 engine bay pics i think a front heatshield modification is going to be needed at the minimum, it's going to be tight!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    That is not 100% known at the moment, i am expecting it to be tight, but we won't know until we try.... worst case scenario the front firewall may need "adjusting" ahem!

DIY folks, be sure you have the proper tools for that step lol

Well done, Paul. This is every 3.0 owner's dream.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast