Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Toyota Mk3.6 - 400bhp

400 bhp and between 1400 and 1500KG? A proper mk1.5 will kick the sh*t out of this thing, and without the funny electronics :)

Anyway, i like gary symons project car better : http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthread.php?t=16417

A mk4 should have all the best bits the practicality of the mk1 the engineering of the mk2 the vvti and galvanised chassis of the mk3 and a low weight to high bhp ratio.

That would be the ultimate mk4 mr2, why they ever lost the practicality of the mk1 and 2 in the mk3 if they had made it bigger with a proper boot and frunk I think they would have sold moreof them.

Just have to wait till I win the lottery and make a fully carbon space framed mk1 with a w12 twin turbo engine.

Tiggs - spot on. If the big T combined the virtues of the first three iterations they'd have a car that was not only great to drive and own but *relevant*. It would need commercial success though as T seems to concentrate on volume.

I'd love my AW to be rust proof. Other than that (and a lack of cylinders / bhp that is about to be rectified lol ), I'm happy with it.

The Mk2 is is very comfy and much faster in a straight line but loses the (cliched) kart-like feel of the AW, at least in standard guise.

I'm sure I'd like the Mk3 (despite the drop top) - its the only one I haven't tried.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    the only problem is with all this electric crap is you still need nuclear power stations to power it all if going fully electric
    Lot's of countries (yes even 1st world) can't afford nuclear technology, they are building new coal/oil/gas fired plants to generate electricity (yes a small slice of the pie comes from renewable sources also). Basically electric cars are just not 'green' when you look at the consequences. To go 'green' you are better off running e85..

Having said that I do like the torque characteristic of electric and would love to have an electric front end in my 2 making it AWD! (capacitor based as suggested by a previous poster). Acceleration would be immense and yes there is a whole hobby behind hot rodding electric motors for peak performance too :D

intresting i want one now. since it will never get made,guess ill have to make my own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12