Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **please help** wiring pin outs!!??

I'm not that up on the Rev1/2 stuff, as far as I am aware it was a cable driven speedo and suspension differences.

Fitted a REv 2 engine into REv 1 today. using rev 2 engine loom and ECU

Connected everything up and tried to start but just turning over

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Jaffa you need to wire the ORIGINAL A plug up that came with the donor engine/ecu... or rewire the recipient body A plug to the new ECU revision pinouts.

It really is very simple, just make sure the new ECU is getting the correct batt+ and ign+ lives and then reroute the G/R COR wire and it will run.

That works for all revisions into all body revisions (as long as there is no transponder involved)

I don't even need wiring pinout diagrams for getting those NA engines to run, they are very simple as above, so it just takes an hour of wiring and it all works. Sadly i can't help with what wire goes where because i just make sense of it when i am actually doing it, but you will struggle without the original donor A plug.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Good Morning Paul!! LOL:thumbsup:

Well after our telephone conversation earlier i did as you said - Re-fitted the Rev 1 Turbo Loom.

Altered the four Black and Red Wires in the Fuse Box and cut the Green and red wire and connected it to the A Plug.

Turned the key and she burst into life!

Battery charging as it should all light that should be on on dash are working and going out once car started like battery charging light and oil pressure.

I do have the Boost gauge reading FULL BOOST even on idle but at the moment thats not really a problem!

SO.....

My next question ...:brownnoser:

The other plug on the chassis loom - the white plug. on the chassis loom it is a female plug however on the REV 2 Turbo engine Loom it is also a Female plug. Looking at the wires there isn't that many wires of the same colour.

Where will i be able to identify what needs to be connected to what??

Once again Paull thankyou so much for your time earlier for helping out!!

"Top man that Man!!":thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Jaffa i will be honest with you mate, i have never come across this female-female white plug situation in the boot before so i am all out of ideas there.

However some of those wires are for the rev2 electronic speedo, which you don't need.If everything is working i wouldn't bother with it to be honest, just get your boost gauge working and that's job done.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12