Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodsport Mk1 aluminium radiator upgrade

+1 interested in mk2 version!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    DM your fitting labour will be minimal with your 2gr, definately under £100.

Gaz an uprated rad is definately needed on the mk3, have you seen the thickness of a mk3 core? it's about 10mm!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Put me down as an interested party Paul. I have the Mk1's oil cooler plumbed into the V6 so if anything it'll up the collant temps a bit more.

That's a point with my 2gr having an oil cooler take off can we reuse the mk1s system of oil cooling or will it mean another oil cooling rad?

Another thing to add to my pile of parts sitting in your shed.

Are you able to knock up brackets to angle the rad to suit the airflow of a papal style bonnet wehn you have sorted out the design?
    Last edited by fredhoon; 01-12-2009 at 10:05.

Go soothingly on the grease mud as there lurks a skid demon.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    That's a point with my 2gr having an oil cooler take off can we reuse the mk1s system of oil cooling or will it mean another oil cooling rad?
    The bore of the oil inlets is quite small on the Mk1 oil cooler, so that may be a factor in it's use with the V6. Just have to suck it and see I guess.

I've paired mine up with an external Mocal thermostat just in case the cooler does work. lol

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    actualLy. the 2GR you're getting has the complete oil cooler system. no external components needed.

and the regular 2GR does not have the oil cooler inlet/outlet. you need to get the oil cooler upper oil pan to get the ports.

Marc - do we know how much it costs to get the oil-cooler spec parts for the non-equipped 2GRs?

Aye...a Mk3 version for me too, I reckon...!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Meister View Post
    Marc - do we know how much it costs to get the oil-cooler spec parts for the non-equipped 2GRs?
    the complete system is about $1400. ridiculously priced. but if i remember right, i can get the oil pan and modify it for thread on fittings for about $200 and you'd still need to provide a heat exchanger.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast