Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Woodsport Mk1 aluminium radiator upgrade

Hi Paul, am giving this serious thought. As you said this kit has its worth even on a _stock_ mk1; there should be various advantages: durability, weight(?) ...

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    On a stock Mk1 it would be serious overkill, a stock rad is very efficient with a 4a-ge, in fact some people even run without fans it's that good, but i don't agree with doing that because it will still overheat at idle with no fans.

The ally rad is twice as thick as a stock one, and possibly heavier due to its size, so the only benefit for you i can think of would be it looks good. I wouldn't upgrade to one unless you had an engine conversion, even then the stock rad copes fine.

How's that for a negative sales pitch lol

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

i like it its very blingy but my rad works fine with the 2gr but i do like bling so maybe in the future when i have some shekels left.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    How's that for a negative sales pitch lol
    yes, I think you've passed your audition for the Sales Prevention Dept. :-) Antisales used to be _my_ unique skill in my own line of work, but with computers, someone would come to me and I'd convince them they didnt need one. :-)

I want two. One to fit to McQueen and the other one to wear at a jaunty angle.

Apologies for the mahoosive thread revival here. I seem to have acquired one of your upgrade rads for my mk1.5 build. Unfortunately it was supplied as a bare rad. Do you have any details/pics of your mounting brackets, or am i going to have to get creative. Not a problem to add it to the ever growing list of welding to be done. I'm also slightly annoying having bought some stoney racing silicone rad hoses, which will be nowhere near fitting this rad! Guess i should have actually looked at it before ordering the hoses

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I'm afraid you will need to make your own brackets, i stopped doing these years ago, sorry.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910