Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Project MrBusa (Toyota MR-S / Hayabusa)

would rather see a drive shaft or in your case a chain break than a gearbox!!

Quote Originally Posted by adamh View Post
    nice work!. i can see a flywheel on the RH axle, is that for a little more inertia? i don't know how bike engines work / clutch and fly side, and saw that flywheel bolted to the rear axle!... or is it for reversing?
    Its a flex plate from an auto & is just for the reverse. Just need to be able to self reverse as part of our safety requirements.

As per the pics the MR-S has now had all its signwriting & graphix completed & even though the car itself still isnt 100% completed, it was good enough to have its first weekend away last weekend.

First had a photo shoot on Friday afternoon with New Zealand Performance Car Magazine

Then had the car on display at the 4 & Rotary championships, where we won the award for best engineering

Then to the drags on Sunday where the car was just on display again, and left on the trailer for people to see its nuts & bolts

Now we just need to finish re-mounting the reverse starter, altenator & make a modification to the front suspension top A arms & hopefully we will be ready for a dyno run/tune & then some testing!!!

love this thing will kits ever be made available to buy i wonder? and would alternative engines be able to be fitted.

A kit to fit a hayabusa engine in a mk3? Not a chance.. Did you see the level of engineering involved in this build? And dont forget this engine only works with a very light car, i dont think even a stripped out mk3 is light enough to make full use of this engine.

Stick and wrong end mate, perhaps my English needs brushing up, what I was saying is kit as in kitcar like when some one builds a replica gt40 or cobra, not a hyabusa engine into a mk3 that's just not economical sense.

There's a lot of caterham 7 hyabusa and blackbird engined cars, I was just thinking if any body did a mk1/mk3 kit would there be a Market ? Probably not but a cf or fg mk1 with hyabusa or 2gr would be a riot wouldn't it?

brilliant shots, the sign writer made it look superb!, above the project build i mean.. what a motor
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

I like the way it says cheapies on the front, since this thing is worth a fortune :)

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    Stick and wrong end mate
    Aaahhh... Sorry Tigg must have misunderstood..

Quote Originally Posted by hmmmmm View Post
    I like the way it says cheapies on the front, since this thing is worth a fortune :)

Aaahhh... Sorry Tigg must have misunderstood..
    Not a problem mate I f up quit regular, when Paul or some one comes and bitch slaps me in to my place I hold my hands up it's quite a regular acurance so my arms are getting tired lol.

Also have you looked at the hyabusa power plant some tune them with turbos or superchargers to 500bhp, and there are big bore conversions to take them up to 1500 cc as well, oh and not forgetting the aerial atom v8 which is basically two hyabusa engines, which I would love to fit back into the bike that would just shred bike tyres for fun.
    There is a guy who makes v12 and v8 and 2stroke v6 bike engines in a shed although not mega bhp they can go like stink on a whiff of throttle because of the torque.

Hey its been a while since this thread was updated as there has only been spasmodic progress on the car...
    However the car was nearly finished enough to book for a dyno tune, so we booked it in at NZEFI in Christchurch, with the idea of it hopefully making its competition debut at a Street Sprint event on 14 May. Unfortunately they are booked that far ahead that this was looking impossible, until they phoned at 5pm one night with a cancellation if we could be there by 9am the next morning, so it was a rush & a late night getting the car finished & ready to go..

So it has been for its dyno run & we ended up with 372hp at the rear wheels, which is pretty good straight up... and there is still a bit more in the tank. and a pretty reasonable rev range as well.

So the next step is off to the track for some testing, but both our local circuits only have one test day each between now & the Sprints (and the boss is away at Rally NZ for one of those) so it looks like we will only get one days testing & be taking a brand new car to the Sprints, of course providing that it performs Ok at the track

Sorry there are no videos of the dyno run, but we weren't there for it all, I will try to get one from the track...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast