Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Project MrBusa (Toyota MR-S / Hayabusa)

Any updates mate?

he is looking for hi res images of light atm, for the signwriter to make up vynils....
    as per his thread on the local forum.
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Sorry its been a while since this thread was updated....
    It seems to have taken forever to finally piece all the puzzle together, but we are 95% there...

Car has finally had all is plumbing & wiring completed and this week has finally been started. It still needs the ECU tuned, brake pads (these seem to have been lost in transit) and the front top arms modified before it can be driven, but after so long its nice to finally here it make some noise!

Here is a short clip of its initial start up.... http://www.youtube.com/user/Martman7.../0/MWQ1-yZpoZg

and some pics of the (near) finished article

Wearing some of its bodywork

The engine looking from inside the cockpit

engine

underneath & you can see the dry sump tank to the left of the pic

and the intercooler to the right of this pic

and a view from behind

and under the bonnet(?) the radiators for intercooler & engine and separate catch tanks for each, with lots of room left for a large fuel tank for endurance racing

Fantastic! The workmanship on this project is simply outstanding

Fantastic...one of the best roadsters to date!!

Well progress has been slow in the build up to the Christmas break & the car was ready & booked in to be dyno tuned early in the new year.

It finally made its first self propelled drive on Christmas Eve, albeit slowly…. but as you will see near the end of the video when the boss pops the clutch, it breaks the chain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzkX31GiTYs

So the decision has been made to run dual chains. This means that its debut has been postponed while we re-engineer things, but it is “relatively” easy to do.

Here is the front sprocket we have had made to accommodate the dual chain…

And now the rear sprocket done as well….

Found a couple of other little faults with the car as well, so are now needing to redo the exhaust to make room for a muffler, a larger sprocket for the reverse gear & the addition of an altenator onto the rear axel to run all the electronics, data logging etc etc….

So its debut has been delayed for a bit longer yet….

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Amazing, sometimes you have to re-engineer stuff like that, you don't know if it will work until you try, looking forward to seeing its first run in anger

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Just a thought .... What's the reason behing running two independant dual chains rather than a joined duplex chain?

Glad to see it running though - sound thoroughly impressive :icon_mrgreen:

Awesome work mate! Lucky the exploding chain didnt cause any major damage! Let hope the new chains will hold, cant wait to see a vid of this thing on the track.

nice work!. i can see a flywheel on the RH axle, is that for a little more inertia? i don't know how bike engines work / clutch and fly side, and saw that flywheel bolted to the rear axle!... or is it for reversing?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast