Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Project MrBusa (Toyota MR-S / Hayabusa)

Quote Originally Posted by dgh938peg View Post
    That's brutal!

I don't think i'd trust my complete one off special baby race car being sat on a post outside my garage!
    The pole car is only just the bodywork 'plugs' put together....

We have already had them away & had moulds made & the new lightweight panels are due any day....

quite insane :) LOve it!

Quote Originally Posted by Louie028 View Post
    The pole car is only just the bodywork 'plugs' put together....

We have already had them away & had moulds made & the new lightweight panels are due any day....
    Oh sorry i misread! bloody good advertising thingy then!

Reminds me of "The Racers Edge" one on Harry's shop in The Fast and the Furious! :thumbsup:

We are still waiting on some parts from the engineer before we can paint the bodyshell. The engine is still also away being prepped.

We have just had some of the final lightweight panels arrive for the car...

The total weight of the front guard is under 800 grams (just over three quarters of a kg)

Well we have finally had some time to make progress on the car finishing the sway bars & plumbing on the car.

Have finally got the sway bar parts, so are mounting them to the chassis.

Finishing the exhaust manifold and external wastegate piping

Mounting the liquid intercooler & the turbo piping & sorting where the exhaust will go

Mounting & plumbing up the Dry sump tank

And are also finalizing all the plumbing for the engine & intercooler radiators which run from the engine& intercooler at the back of the car through to the radiators at the front. The intercooler pipes run along the top sill in the pic, the engine radiator pipes run through the tunnel in the centre of the car

So hopefully the chassis will make it to the paint shop soon.....

So finally the chassis has had all its fabrication & welding completed & has been away and been sandblasted.

and then some paint on all its underside parts...

Wohoo its getting there, cant wit for the pics from the final buildup, one of the most unique and mad projects one here, give this man an asbo! :)

Definitely worthy of an ASBO! Been almightily impressed with this build the whole way through :)

Looking good there :D
    What sort of size & thickness spreader plates did you go for where the tube meets the chassis? From the photo it looks almost like spreader plates haven't been used, looks real clean job though :)
    Last edited by AlunJ; 31-07-2010 at 03:12.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

the good part after all that labor! building it back, great job
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....