Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project MrBusa (Toyota MR-S / Hayabusa)

Och well, that's only 550bhp/ton and an 11k rpm red line.

What sort of torque are you expecting from the turbo set up? Do you have a graph of a previous conversion per chance?

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ View Post
    What sort of torque are you expecting from the turbo set up? Do you have a graph of a previous conversion per chance?
    I've read a few articles on the Hayabusa turbos - I just love them!!! I reckon the torque for 400bhp, on that engine, would be around 225lb/ft

There was a drag turbo busa bike at RWYB Santa Pod in August. The guy said he was turning out 300hp and put in an 8.250 pass.. If that's any help?

Impressive build skills none the less :thumbsup:

I just wander wy no-one has thought of this before.. This is going to be awesome! That gearbox does need to be quite beefy to handle 600kg and 400bhp, but if everything stays together this is going to fly :)

just looked up my mates web site he built my race engine. hes getting 700bhp out of a busa and 257mph.www.holeshot-racing.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    I've read a few articles on the Hayabusa turbos - I just love them!!! I reckon the torque for 400bhp, on that engine, would be around 225lb/ft
    Seen the hyabusa v8? Imagine one of them turbo'd and in a stripped out mk3 as is being done here.

In the Atom 500 i believe!

Trouble is the pricetag....... £30k upward IIRC...

Yep, it's one of those "if only" engines. Lovely though.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast