Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mk3 Roadster 3SGTE Build

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Symons View Post
    Not decided on a scheme yet, but I want to bling the engine bay up a bit more than the mk1 swap I did.
    I'd say spray the mounts the chassis colour to make an OEM look, then for the engine, paint the cam cover in the same colour, and the hard pipes in quicksilver, and any rubber pipes, replace with silicone blue ones :thumbsup:

Get that engine bay painted then, it makes a big difference. The standard Toyota effort is thin as piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    I'd say spray the mounts the chassis colour to make an OEM look, then for the engine, paint the cam cover in the same colour, and the hard pipes in quicksilver, and any rubber pipes, replace with silicone blue ones :thumbsup:
    Quicksilver :slap:... you know what I'm going to say.:boogie:

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdan View Post
    Quicksilver :slap:... you know what I'm going to say.:boogie:
    There's only one goldmember! Gary could never come close :P

hmmmm.... gold :hmm:

Actually, can anyone point me in the right direction for the supply of some toyota paint?

I need 8M6 spectra blue mica. I will need enough to do the bay and a few bits and bobs.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Any local automotive paintshop should supply that gary, or if you get stuck i will get some for you and post it down.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

looking good gary keep up the good work fella:thumbsup:

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

Today we got the chassis rail welded back up.

I also drilled the third hole and started to tidy up the RH engine mount. I think this will get a few more holes put in it to take away a little of the excess weight.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    :brill:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I did have an OOOPS! moment today though.

It looks like I will be replacing a bit of the brake hard pipe after hitting it with the angle grinder :mrgreen: (TWICE)

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast