Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mk3 Roadster 3SGTE Build

Not knowing a great deal on the Mk3, I can't comment too much, but you ask most people who like fast cars, if they'd like to sacrifice a little weight for a lot more power, I can guess what their answers would be :)

You always get the odd purist saying "you'll upset the balance". In the real world, it will be more fun, and that is the bottom line for most of us.
    You're right though Johnny!
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by loadswine View Post
    You always get the odd purist saying "you'll upset the balance". In the real world, it will be more fun, and that is the bottom line for most of us.
    You're right though Johnny!
    Aye, fuck the purists, that's not what TB is! If it was, we'd be having threads about swapping polish and rubbing compounds, not engines!

They can chomp on my fucking hairy bean bag! Feck 'em! In fact, feck everyone. That's my thought for the day! :thumbsup:

Fuck you too Johnny! :) :mods:

Quote Originally Posted by Charged View Post
    Fuck you too Johnny! :) :mods:
    You'd love to, but, sunshine, I'm outta your league ;)

Anyways, back on topic. Gary, when are you getting this finished? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    Anyways, back on topic. Gary, when are you getting this finished? :P

Well I only get weekends to play now so it will be a while. Should have the engine hanging properly in the bay this weekend.

Today we did a little more work on the gearbox mount.

Here it is test fitted, it looks like we will need to increase the height of the chassis cutout to allow the engine to be craned in as the gearbox was hitting the upper part.

Here is the RH side engine mount, its still not finished but you get the idea.

And a pic of it fitted:

Finally heres a shot of the engine hanging properly in the bay, im pretty please with its position.

next on the list is the front and rear torque mounts :thumbsup:

Glad to see the progress Gaz, if an engineer is happy with it, then it must be good! :)

looking good there gary loving the engineering work good progress.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I like the way you have made the chassis mount unboltable, so it is reversible back to stock if you ever decided not to stick with the 3s, pretty cool that.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast