12345612 ...

thread: My Mk3 Roadster 3SGTE Build

Sep 2009
    Ireland
    Good luck with the build, should be a good'un! Will this be the first mk3 with a 3sgte?

Feb 2006
    Hamilton
    Rogue did one methinks.

Mar 2005
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Yeah, rougue did one, and i have found a pic of another (from greece i think). There are most likely others too but there is very little information out there on the swap. That is hopefully going to change :thumbsup:

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Good man gary, tis the TB way :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mar 2005
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Forgot to mention, i cant weld! so my dad is doing all of that for me :thumbsup:
    This morning we got the gearbox engine mount fully fabbed & welded up. No pics till next weekend as I forgot my camera.

Sep 2006
    Nice one Gary, I am becoming slightly concerned that with all the fantastic builds that are likely to be ready for next years shows...no one will have a tent, food or booze at Japshow and JAE. Just really quick cars and a toothbrush. :whistle:

PS. thanks for putting the 'F' back in Freedom.
    We'll have the van, which will take booze!

Apr 2005
    (OLD) South Wales
    We'll have the van, which will take booze!
    Then you have a 'cunning plan' as I don't believe for one minute that after your cars are completed you or Gary will arrive at a TB event in the van.

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

Sep 2006
    Then you have a 'cunning plan' as I don't believe for one minute that after your cars are completed you or Gary will arrive at a TB event in the van.
    Yep, because A-Plan afforded us the priveledge of putting 4 people of my choice on the insurance to drive it :)

Oct 2007
    hartlepool,
    Nice one gary, good luck with this build.
    I spoke to paul back in march about doing this to mine as i got an engine laid in garage.
    Cant wait to see how things turn out.

Apr 2007
    South London
    I'm cheering you on with this one Gary, good on you for going for it.:thumbsup: I'm glad someone finally has brought this one out into view, where we can get a good look at it.
    Handling wise, you'll be fine, a bit different to stock, yes, but still manageable and you'll get used to it. I have similar weight , probably and that's fine.
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

12345612 ...