Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: mk3 LSD diffs in a S54 box

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

mk3 LSD diffs in a S54 box

Well i bought a couple of UK mk3 gearboxes off mark on the MR2ROC just to experiment with them.We were told that all UK mk3's have LSD as standard... and that this LSD unit will fit into a mk2 S54 box...hinterestin i hear you say! Interesting because a S54 box with LSD doesnt exist,so this could well be the solution.

Well i can confirm it is! We took one of the mk3 LSD units out,and swapped over the mk2 diff gear,the LSD bolted straight onto the mk2 gear :thumbsup:

It will need the mk2 diff bearings pulling off and fitting onto the mk3 LSD but apart from that its a total success.... so for all you S54 V6 builders this is a godsend... so get hunting for UK spec mk3 boxes chaps,they have just the LSD we need.

I will add pics to this thread tomorrow :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Excellent R&D Mr Woods :thumbsup:

So the mk2 na drive shafts still fit?

I was under the impression that you could not fit an LSD to a box that didn't have it - because no room in the box.

yes hasad the mk2 driveshafts have the same inner spline as mk3 ones,so the mk2 NA shafts are plug n play with this.

The new LSD diff fits in the casing perfectly :thumbsup:

It cost me £200 to do this research and it could have ended up a failuire,sometimes you just got to take a chance on something.... luckily this time it worked out.

Next on the list is a 88-91 2.0ltr 5 speed manual camry gearbox,its fifth gears look promising! :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

:clap: Bravo sir, Bravo.

Was that £200 for 2 boxes? What's the norm for one?

LSD and 164MPH top speed, rapid as fuck acceleration and lightweight.....yep, ye can keep yer tubby boxes lol

Oh and av been looking for the Camry 5th gear, looking about £100 delivered from a parts place, am sure we can find them cheaper in a scrappy somewhere.

This is something I was looking to do in the future with the mk1/3SGE. You say the diff bearings need pulling off Paul, is that something you were replacing on mine anyway? (I forget as so much of it was shagged anyway).

If it is I might be intersted in getting the job sorted now, if you're willing!

it cost me 160 notes for a turbo rev3 lsd this sounds good, good work mister w.

olie i gave £150 for two fecked mk3 gearboxes,they rattle like a box of cogs,ok not the best similie ive ever come out with!

then £50 delivery,i thought it was worth a punt to find out for sure if it works...and it does.

Hi mike,no we dont usually open up a perfectly fine gearbox,no need.... this is only something we can offer if a supply of mk3 boxes becomes available or the customer supplies one.There will also be extra labour involved fitting it.To be honest id rather find an extended 5th gear set as well so i can offer the whole service in one hit.

Olie where was the camry 5th gear for £100?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    i gave £150 for two fecked mk3 gearboxes,they rattle like a box of cogs,ok not the best similie ive ever come out with!
    They rattle like two skeletons fornicating in a tin box?
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Ah right Paul, no worries then. This is probably something I'll look into at a later date, along with some uprated cams.

Hm, my mum's got a mk3... wonder if she would notice if I took the diff out.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast