Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodsport 3s-gte Corolla

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thanks now i feel stupid haha

:thumbsup:

Nice Paul... :)

AE101s had the silvertop 20v(both versions), then AE111s got the blacktop(MAP), IIRR(big shame this one isn't a blacktop tbh)......

Is it a Levin or Trueno(Ok, it'll never be a proper one(Hatchi forever!!)) btw??

:)

Its the ae101 hatch, 94 model, here's a pic:

Thats my favourite model/shape corolla cant wait for this swap to start now :popcorn:

That's actually pretty darn kewl

Why's it not white though? lol

Ha, will never be white!

found this in the garage any use?? its the toyota wiring manual for the ae10

also have a ae92 one as well no use to me now

ok any time i post pics they dont work here is the wed addy
    http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/a...1102009061.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by smccullie View Post

If you right click on the photo and select properties that will give you the correct link to paste :thumbsup:

hover over yours and mine below and look in the status bar they are different.
    http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/a...1102009061.jpg

Your usual excellent work there Paul - can't wait to see it finished !

Quote Originally Posted by smccullie View Post

I could have done with that a couple of years ago when I was doing my AE101 4A-GZE conversion
    '86 Mk1a SC trackday car
    '87 T-Bar SC - now scrapped :icon_cry:
    '00 Frontera 3.2 V6 tow barge

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    A little preparatory work started today on the engine.Dara and i discussed what ancilliaries would and wouldn't be staying on this build, the A/C for example was to be ditched completely, partly because we need the space that the condenser occupies for a front mount intercooler but also because there is just not enough room in the bay for the AC compressor.So that is all getting ripped out.

Dara also said the power steering pump could go if it was going to be a problem getting it to work with the 3sgte, but i immediately knew it was going to be almost vital that we found a way to retain this because a 3sgte corolla is going to need all the help it can get in the steering department! Plus running a PS rack without fluid in it will be heavier than a non PS rack.... so we had to work a solution out.

Now we could have just used a Gt4 PS pump, after all that comes already bolted to the block on a Gt4, however it sits right at the back of the engine just above the driveshaft, and on dara's corolla this would mean a major replumbing of the pipework for the rack and also the fluid reservoir.Plus the final nail in the coffin for using the Gt4 pump was the pulley size... it's just way too small compared to dara's pump pulley so it would have had the opposite effect of way too much steering assistance and would probably have felt overly light.

So we had to use the original 20v 4age PS pump, and that is located right at the front of the engine bay, if we could duplicate its relative position on the 3sgte motor then all of the associated pipework/reservoir etc could remian totally stock and in its proper position... which i like the sound of, plus the ratio of PS pump to engine revs would be correct (very similar crank pulley sizes between the 20v and 3sgte).

First thing we did was fit a Gt4 alternator bracket, this puts the alt at the front of the engine and allows us to ditch the horrible Mr2 huge cast bracket we love so much!

Next we made a plate that bolts to the block where the AC pump used to sit...

Remember all of this is just bare bones construction work on a dirty 3sgte, all of the making things pretty comes much later on.

With this plate made the 20v PS pump was then carefully aligned with the crank and bolted onto the plate....here it is removed on the plate, captive nuts were welded onto the plate rear along with spacers on the top two bolts.

And here is the PS pump fitted up to the engine along with the alternator...

This should now be sitting roughly in the same place it did on the 20v.

We also made a tensioner for the alternator.... circled red, again needs prettying up.

Circled blue, i am going to have to alter the angle on this pipe to clear the alternator but this is very easy.

Quick reference shot of the current engine bay....

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast