Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: celica gen 5 v6 project

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Thread merged into your build thread simon.

The camry has an OBD2 plug under the steering column area, not to be confused with the engine bay diagnostic plug, two different things.

All OBD2 plugs are the same so it should be easy to identify.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

paul the camry donor car has gone now - when i was stripping it i had all the steering colum out and i couldnt find the plug so i still dont have it - the car is wired up now and is running but i want to wire in the obd2 plug so i can scan the ecu is there an after market plug with tales that i can buy and wire in - something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBD2-16pin-fem...item439aead0f9 or would this cable do for what im trying to do - btw the plug under the bonnet is as it was when i carefully removed the harness and ecu from the camry but im told you cant plug anything in to that......................cheers paul
    Last edited by tripod23; 26-10-2009 at 19:34.

Yep you can buy them off ebay, but you must wire it in via the correct protocol or it won't work.Also only very specific scanners will read a UK camry ECU.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

does the one that you did a small write up on still come up trumps when doing a scan because i made a note of that product it seemed very good value . which is the best lead for me to buy can you recomend one

Yep that scanner i bought is fantastic, go for that one.... there are loads of OBD2 plugs on ebay, any will do and they are all the same.

thanks for the help paul really appreciate it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Yep that scanner i bought is fantastic, go for that one.... there are loads of OBD2 plugs on ebay, any will do and they are all the same.
    I can vouch for Paul's scanner - it picks up the Supra OBD2 which hardly any seem to like. Only seen Paul's one, BSM's one and one more that work on the Supra.

awesome stuff sounds like this is the one i need - cheers johnny

just a bit of an udate on the celica pictures - here what i came up with to support the driveshaft...................[IMG][/IMG]

got the coolant pipes run - i may change this in time if i can find someone to make a solid pipe for the top maybe polished stainless but finding any companys to do a one off is not that easy [IMG][/IMG]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast