Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Black Bob Jnr

Personally, I don't think the headline figure is all that. You seemed really happy with the car and raved about it. It still drives the same, just the number on that sheet has disappointed you.
    I think anything close to 200bhp in a very light car is perfect. Unless you wanna scare the shit out of yourself, then get a ride in a 2GR.

Enjoy the car mate!

Plus, a dyno is an indication - you might get 195bhp on one, 210bhp on another....

Was everyone else a bit disappointed with their results?

Nah, no real disappointments, was a very wide range of Jap cars. Only 1 guy with a Pulsar who had issues.

I'm plenty happy with how it feels, i know how quick it is on the road. Just using this as a base to work from.

It's doing the usual rich running but everything looks fairly healthy which is the main thing i was after.

I would be happy with that as a base figure and referance point for future upgrades, look more at the torque curve mate that's the bit that every one forgets, the torque figure and how it looks is the best indicator of how a car will behave in the real world, what you should aim for is a linear progression curve.

"Bhp sells cars torque wins races" Carrol Shelby .

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post

"Bhp sells cars torque wins races" Carrol Shelby .
    :amen:

butt....

i dont think there is anyone out there who isnt looking for that magic bhp number. If you've put so much time,money and effort in a car, you also want the bragging rights in the pub right? :twisted:

Nope can't stand car bores look at the dinner party sketch on you tube, Harry enfield and chums or the two ronnies.

Even after spending oodles of wonga on bhp upgrades and conversion costs I still wouldn't brag about it as there's always a faster car bore at the bar.
    It's at the strip I will let the car do the talking, and pauls great engine fabing and gouky great sourcing of good engines.

Some cams and P&P would do that thing wonders.

Makes plenty of TQ at 4000, but falls flat on its face soon after that.

If the torque can be held up a bit longer the peak power numbers will rise big time.

Going back in for another RR run in the next fortnight to test out something, car certainly feels a lot better :)

Jesus, April was the last update?

Put the car in for MOT on Thu, failed on a rear brake light and the 2 rear tyres

Advisory on one of the front tyres and brake pads so i've got 4 Marangoni Zeta Linea's on their way and a new set of pads on order. Off to Tadstar for a full alignment and get corner weighted when they are open again, hopefully in the next week.

Still to get another RR done, might try and arrange a group outing, will let anyone up here know what happens.

Car has hardly moved during the crap weather, looking forward to getting out and about in it again, there's a full year of runs happening up here.

Thoughts are turning to more power, as always, but not desperate for a lot more. Always wanted a car with a set of ITBs!...

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Supercharge the bugger Olie!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here