Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Its been a while...

Cheers guys, thats basically straight out of the booth... the polishing etc will happen after xmas. Its the original colour of the car and although i toyed with the idea of a complete change int he end i really like the mica blue and it was just more hassle so it stayed original.

In terms of cost.. well its hard know what the going rates are really, plus i did a lot of the stripping and the majority of the base body work, they flatted it all off and did some of the finessing to get things looking decent. I'm putting it all back together again so again saving on labour.

I'm sure 75% of places would have been more expensive but i know they guy for a few years now and he lets me borrow things from his shop when at my lock up and will let me use his ramp to change the gearbox and stuff so all in all i'm ok with the price.

Paint was a huge chunk of the cost... it was also one of those... heres the keys to my lock up do the car in between other jobs... jobs so again that helped.
    JFDI

I've been tinkering away on the car when I get the chance... so thought I would throw a few Photos up just to keep the thread alive.

I havn't taken any recently but I'm going to need to get the car out of the container soon to start work on the passenger side bits and bobs.. so I'll take a few more then.

For now.. heres what she looked like last time I had her out...

Here is me attempting to copy the eyebrow delete done by PW on a few of his builds....

Since then on the drivers side I have..

Installed a new T-Bar rubber. Reinstalled the door seals, exterior handle as well as various door trims and the door card.. omg that was a good feeling to see that on. The quarter glass is in and basically that side would be water tight now..the t bar glass is sitting in there really good and tight now.

I've installed the antenna as well as the gas strut mod for the engine lid.. which is a surprisingly easy and satisfying to have done.
    Last edited by boondougal; 08-01-2018 at 11:51.
    JFDI

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Nice eyebrow delete sir!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Nice eyebrow delete sir!
    I gave myself 7/10 for effort... 10/10 for copying. :-)
    JFDI

You've more than done it justice so mission accomplished.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Not looking too shabby (from this angle anyway)

Not brutal.. but a nice little mod all the same.

Last edited by boondougal; 28-01-2018 at 17:38.
    JFDI

Managed to finally get this back panel and the rear lights sorted... Bonded it on last week and finished it today... it is a tad on the wonk but not too much I can do about it now,,, progress non the less.

I also installed various passenger door trim, bonded in the rear quarter glass and put the door card on. Rear window has even gone in!

Also decided I am going to have a custom, centre exit exhaust. The Elise back box I have now is just too big, heavy and sticks out way too far.
    Last edited by boondougal; 28-01-2018 at 17:43.
    JFDI

Looking good, small steps sir.

Nice, in the best colour aswell [emoji106]
    If you need any bits let me know I have quite a few bits around that you can have for postage.
    Last edited by Martin42006; 29-01-2018 at 08:52.

Top man... well I did fish out the rear "TOYOTA" visor the other day... it took me about 10 mins of head scratching before I realised all the tabs had fallen off.... thats about the only thing I know I definitely need right now!

The interior is going to be fun putting it back together... I literally have no idea where stuff goes... its been 10 years since some of it came off the car.
    JFDI

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718