Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine options for the mk3???

okay okay we hear you lotus lots of trouble usually serious.

when my lotus killer comes past ill give you a wink.

Well all im looking for is a k20a conversion.

I've read it been done so I'm sure its possible....

I just need some INFOMATION on anything that could HELP me achieve that goal.

Good point tiggs - i thought the honda bunch run engines the other way too.....

So it would need to be mounted in reverse?

yes there was a thread on here ages ago and some body said it ran backwards compared to normal car engines hmmm.

it was a v6 into a mk2 and he had a load of problems and it wasn't brilliant power output wise.

Right so is there any toyota engines I can get "rev happy" 9k redline with a good torque band?

Why do you want 9k? Any particular reason?

they can all rev happy if you lighten the flywheel and reciprocating masses.

plus a 3sgte will put out 270 if rev3 are you against turbos for some reason?.

Just found out the s2000 spins the "right" way but all the other hondas spin the other... and the Toyota Altezza uses the same box as the s2000

I just want an engine that can hit those figures... More short bursts of power over top end speed..

Which is why turbo isnt going to meet the needs..

so could a n/a mr2 2.0 (forgot engine number) be altered to redline at 9k-10k?

would it just be the fly and box ratios that need changing?

Quote Originally Posted by danlou84 View Post
    Just found out the s2000 spins the "right" way but all the other hondas spin the other... and the Toyota Altezza uses the same box as the s2000

I just want an engine that can hit those figures... More short bursts of power over top end speed..

Which is why turbo isnt going to meet the needs..

so could a n/a mr2 2.0 (forgot engine number) be altered to redline at 9k-10k?

would it just be the fly and box ratios that need changing?
    The 3sge is a good one and very reliable engine, you can ge the beams version, either red or grey top which is great, ( 200 bhp) and it is NA, although it will not have that WOW factor of a k20a in mk3, hint i think the civic type r uses the same engine as the s2000 (not sure though) and there probably its FW gearbox will match perfectly with the mid engine setup of the mk3

sure you can make the 3sge or even the 3sgte( turbo) work higher but what is the reason of this? i have a leaf blower that revs up to 13k it doesn't mean it has more power

BUT if you are dead serious about an extreme high rev rpm engine, then mate your only choise the the gsxr1300 busa engine

it will happily spin as high as the blue sky, sounds really really nice and i think it has been done in the past on an mk3 (again not so sure)

you can even get ideas on how to work it in the mk3 due to the fact that there is a smart busa setup that it evens have reverse and such, just search the net, the engine has placed in minis/smarts/ a lot of car

here is specs for the k20 mr2 i found on the net
    UNDER THE HOOD '04 Honda Integra Type R K20, installed by R Crew; Hondata intake manifold gasket; Walbro fuel pump; R Crew intake, header and exhaust; Borla muffler

DRIVETRAIN '04 Honda Integra Type R transmission with factory LSD; custom R Crew axles and shifter adapter; B&M shifter; ACT XTSS clutch; Hasport transmission mount

BRAINS Hondata K-Pro tuned by Church Automotive

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast