Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine options for the mk3???

YES! I knew they'd SC'd from stock in something!!! :)

I have the 189BHP VVTLI engine in my Corolla T Sport.. I have mixed feeling about it. Great above 6200 RPM, absolute dog shit below. Same lump which is in the Elise.. and there is a factory supercharger option (Corolla Compressor 220BHP)

There is a chap on ROC that has the Corolla Compressor engine in his Roadster.
    The 2zz engine also goes well with a Rotrex blower. Christopher from the Greek MR2 club has one that has been dynoed at about 320bhp as I recall. There is also a race prepped 2zz with turbo being done to a vey high spec , and I guess price also ,on ROC as well.
    Remember if you intend using a stock roadster box with any conversion, that the internals are made from chocolate!
    A few K20 swaps have been done in the states, but they are very expensive. Give me a V6 any day of the week.
    If I was doing my swap again, I'd go for the 2gr or , if I had the dosh, the V8.
    I love mine, but not powerful enough or revvy enough for the OP.
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Symons View Post
    I read that over on the roc. Coulndt find any info though, do you have any links?
    Links with the swap no, but i must have somewhere pictures of the engine installed on the car, the guy that did this is registered on the www.mr2.gr forums and his thread is in Greek so it will not help you in any way

according to his post the swap was easy to do 2 out of the 4 mounts macthed on the mk3 so his mechanic only had to fabricate the 2, i ll try to dig the pics

Any links to a s2000 conversion would be amazing guys..

I think thats the route I'm going to take.

That engine is nuts!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by BSM View Post
    If money is not a problem why not use a Hyabusa Turbo motor complete with 6 speed sequential box? You can get 400bhp with 12k rpm limits!
    Been done with many engines in mini's and such like. Only a matter of time before someone sticks one in a mk1 or mk3.....
    Do you have any links to any companies that do this conversion?

Is the box a one off? I still want a reverse gear lol

would deffo prefer a manual over seq too

Without meaning to offend, i think you might be dreaming here. And if you are, you want one of these : http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...-liter-455bhp/

Just fit a 2gr and have done with it, 4 grand is probably not enough for a 2gr unless your doing all the work your self.

Easy to fit a3sgte a rev3 should do the job 270bhp 1500 for engine and box maybe 2000 for a rear clip,then spend the rest on fitting.

That's if I had a mk3 "cough tarts car" it would need a bodykit and I would need a brown paper bag.
    Last edited by snowtigger; 11-08-2009 at 18:02.

lol Well its going to be a base for something special.. I'm having my own fibreglass body molded onto it. My mate works for a concept car makers they do jaguar concept cars and a/martins me and my mate are going to make a kit based on the mr-s wheelbase.

So it wont look like it once its done :)

I like the idea of fitting the s2000 engine..

What would I need for the conversion???

Would I need to fab custom drive shafts?

What will the 2ZZ-GE redline at?

what car is it in originally/where can i source one?

its a 1.8 right? turbo or supercharge it?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast