Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rev2 Charge Cooler Help needed please :)

Yeah, keep the Mr2 hook to the side and fit the cc on the turbo and sock. You'll find that 2 other bolt holes in the feet line up with the head so you're solid.

If you ever have to drop the engine you'll be removing the cc anyways so just bolt the hook back on then.

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ View Post
    Yeah, keep the Mr2 hook to the side and fit the cc on the turbo and sock. You'll find that 2 other bolt holes in the feet line up with the head so you're solid.

If you ever have to drop the engine you'll be removing the cc anyways so just bolt the hook back on then.
    I will probably never drop the engine anyway

I supose I could also make a bracket / mount to bolt where the mr2 hoist was and bolt the CC to that if I wanted

More parts arrived today. ST205 Throttle body mount, ST205 Accel cable mount and all the bolts to bolt the throttle parts down. Dont think the ST205 TB Mount will fit the Rev2 so might need a little modding :)

So far I have -

ST205 Charge Cooler
    ST205 Pump
    Little white overflow / swirl pot or what ever it is
    Fiat Rad
    Water Pipe
    ST185 Sock
    ST205 TB Mount / Stay
    ST205 Accel cable mount
    TB Bolts

and my total so far is £244. Only need Jubilee Clips and 90 Degree Reducers now so I estimate a total of around £270 when complete so not bad at all :)

Just wondering how close do you need to get the Turbo intake pipe to line up with the turbo? I have got it close (about 5mm from perfect) but to get it closer it looks like I will need to slice a bit off the turbo intake pipe on the CC Core as it catches on the turbo.

As long as I can get the turbo to CC hose on and clamped down tight will I be ok? This is what its like now -

Would you just leave it like that or slice a bit off the cores intake pipe and bend it some more (I just dont want to fill the core with metal filings thats the only thing :( )?

Am I worrying about nothing? Looks good enough too me but wanted to hear from the pros :)

Im guessing I wont loose any performance with it being 5mm off?

Thanks

Also is this right?

And which pipe is the inlet and which is the outlet on the core?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12