Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee's 2GR V6 Swap Thread

Learning to swear in several languages is a must also if you don't get a few bumps and bangs along the way your not doing it right.

I'll do my best to answer any questions you have durring the build. i can't wait to see what you do with this engine with an aftermarket ECU. keep in mind Lotus is spinning this engine to 7000. so you're safe to at least that level.

I'm guessing that if it's closed loop on the VVTi cam control then you can have it a bit more aggressive in the cams angle for a bit more power, but more for the crispness of the throttle.

Either way, I'm sure it won't disappoint!

Awesome work Lee - keep this thread regulary updated once the package arrives :thumbsup:

I'm sure the rest of the GB will be especially interested, as well as any future takers. How many Mk1s besides me and Tigger?

Hi Lee, good to see that your not that keen on the swap :).

Will the link be ok for the 2gr if you change the throttle body over?

looks like an awesm build cant wait to see the results

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, certainly think I will need it at points! :)

I'll definitely be asking quite a few questions too, hopefully learn a lot from this. The mechanics doesn't faze me too much, it's the electrics I have to admit are the real worry. I had a look at the rest of the cars wiring loom and it has really been butchered by previous owners, also the place that fitted my now useless alarm did a real cowboy job on it. I'm tempted to pull it out and put a fresh unmolested one in.

Phil-The G4 Storm is fitted to a Mk2 2GR Rogue converted, he uses it for rallys. Currently it's running the engine without utilising the VVTi, I emailed Link and they hoped to release a firmware update. That pre release firmware is currently with Thor who imagine will try it out. So it's looking pretty much a cert in the near future :thumbsup:

Good luck with the build, looking forward to the video and dyno.
    "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone, certainly think I will need it at points! :)

I'll definitely be asking quite a few questions too, hopefully learn a lot from this. The mechanics doesn't faze me too much, it's the electrics I have to admit are the real worry. I had a look at the rest of the cars wiring loom and it has really been butchered by previous owners, also the place that fitted my now useless alarm did a real cowboy job on it. I'm tempted to pull it out and put a fresh unmolested one in.

Phil-The G4 Storm is fitted to a Mk2 2GR Rogue converted, he uses it for rallys. Currently it's running the engine without utilising the VVTi, I emailed Link and they hoped to release a firmware update. That pre release firmware is currently with Thor who imagine will try it out. So it's looking pretty much a cert in the near future :thumbsup:
    Nice one mate:thumbsup:

looking good mate :thumbsup:

got a question, do you need to re-use the mount for the 3VZ and the exhaust setup or will you be selling them?

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast