Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3s-ge mk1 conversion advice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think a huge part of the cost is whether you have a whole donor car or just buy parts.
    Here you could get a 3sge, box and shafts for less than $600 (~200 pounds), whereas it could be double that for 3sgte, box and shafts. Plus the need to have an SC outer shaft already.
    How much did your swap cost roughly aw11man (may have forgotten if you've posted the cost on clubaw.co.nz)?

Got the 3sge for £150 with box and shafts. Cheapest 3sgte I can find is £1300 so there is a huge difference in cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
    Got the 3sge for £150 with box and shafts. Cheapest 3sgte I can find is £1300 so there is a huge difference in cost.
    I paid £450 for my last rev 1 3sgte, that included pretty much everything. £1300 would get you a very nice rev3 tubby clip

3sge will always be a cheaper option though.

Can I ask where you get/got the 3SGE with Gearbox & shafts from? Do you just source one from a breaker & get everything you need from a scrapped MK2?

If I was to get the engine, gearbox & shafts & then run it off a standalone ecu, does anyone know what connectors I would need for the 3SGE engine...like what things do I need to make sure I get so the engine will run..ignition, oil pressure sensor etc etc?

Just trying to get my head around what parts I would need to do this swap.
    Cheers :)

Another question on this swap, are the engine mounts & torque mounts the same as the 3SGTE swap? Also do you need to make up a gearbox mount or do you use the original Mk1 gearbox mount?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12