Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ikari87's 3vz-fe 1.6 build

Flywheel sourced, still undecided on the clutch. Any opinions?

New question: I just want to make sure I have this right before I take my axle in for machining. I have a '91 turbo 5 speed gearbox and will be installing an aftermarket LSD, I also have the Camry auto supported axle, both axles from the SW20 and a set of mk1 SC axles.
    Am I correct in thinking that I will use the Camry auto supported shaft, machined to sit 3mm closer to the gearbox, the SC short axle and a modified turbo axle?

I just dealt with my axle situation as well.

If you're using an aftermarket LSD, then you should be using the stock non-LSD axle stubs correct?

If so, as long as you modify the camry auto to fit the carrier bearing, as you say 3mm, then you should be fine. And why should you need to modify the left side turbo axle? Just use the SC short axle and the left side stub.

In terms of axles, stick with the sw20 ones, but modify the camry bearing carrier to suit.

:thumbsup:
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Installed new Buddy Club front lip today along with the Camry clear-corners. Now I just need to give it a wash (and install the engine =p)

Then I got a little happy with the angle-grinder...

(My GF drew in the dust)

I will box in the sides and cut a hole in the front behind the radiator.

This should solve any cooling problems I might run into with the V6 engine and will help keep the steering stable over 70 MPH.

you'll want o have a nice breathable engine bay lid installed as the stock one holds the heat right in there for the larger engines. good work on the louvre. are you going to work a seal into it? like a bonnet seal seal strip etc..
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Quote Originally Posted by adamh View Post
    you'll want o have a nice breathable engine bay lid installed as the stock one holds the heat right in there for the larger engines. good work on the louvre. are you going to work a seal into it? like a bonnet seal seal strip etc..
    I have a SC lid and if I need to I'll open up the right side vents on it to get more cooling.

Yes, I will be using some rubber around the edges to get a watertight seal to keep the rain out.

Test fitted the Berk exhaust and found a problem:
    The inlet for the back box is pointing straight at the rear cross member.
    I have seen some people fitting the Berk Mk2 exhaust to their AW11s, could anyone post up some pics to show how the system is routed?
    I did a search and found lots of good Y-pipe designs and mid pipe ideas but not a lot showing how to attach the rear mufflers.

Painted my V6 cover:
    Last edited by ikari87; 08-04-2010 at 11:25.

I have been looking for awhile now and i cant seem to find the front lip you put on your MR2, where did you get it from?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234