thread: V6 water pump discovery!

Sep 2006
    Think this could be worth a sticky?

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Absolutely mate, sticking now.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Jun 2006
    Northampton
    well researched lads.

Mar 2005
    south east
    bravo guv.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Oct 2005
    Newport, South Wales
    Nice work Paul :thumbsup: Had me worried for a while as we've taken delivery of a batch of the things for our shop. After some crossed fingers we found this...

Thank gawd for that. I forgot to note the brand but I'll add it to the list next time.

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Mar 2005
    If you could owen that would be great :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

May 2008
    Wirral
    Im one of the cases that was affected by this issue. I have been wracking my brains for near enough a year as to what it could be thats causing the temp to rise. The only and I mean the only thing I havent replaced was the water pump as I had a new one fitted by Paul at the conversion. I have spent a fortune on investigation including a £1000 bill from toyota to have the pipes from hell replaced, ive had 2 radiators in the space of a year, 2 thermostats, 3 coolant changes and a new fan. Basically my car has a new cooling system. Unfortunatly I got so pissed off with it, I went out and bought a new car 3 weeks ago.
    However I am soooooo made up now to find out that its a simple case of fitting a new water pump. I never guessed it would be the cause, Ive checked and double checked for leaks but to no avail.
    Down side I guess is I paid out so much plus a new car,
    Up side is after replacing the water pump Ive got a car with a new cooling system that shouldnt go wrong again!
    Anyone know how much it costs to have these fitted and if they are easy to fit yourself? Nice one Paul for finding a solution!

May 2006
    Brighouse (West Yorks)
    Hi again,

Indeed from your description on imoc it sounded just like the symptoms caused by the poor waterpumps.

The pump should be available from a local motorfactors who will be able to confirm the maker of the pump, just check it against the list in this thread then. There's also one seller on ebay whose pictures confirm one of the better designs for £70.48 + 7.99 P&P.

Apr 2007
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Excellent bit of detective work there as always Paul! magic find.

My 3Vz-FE suffers from this - not the end of the world though as a quick blip on the throttle settles it all back down again, although not ideal if you leave the car idleing for whatever reason.

Something for the ToDo list I guess, replace the water pump!

Cheers Paul. top work!
    Check out my MR2 journal

Mar 2005
    No problem mate, every day's a school day so they say.

•