Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: V6 water pump discovery!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It makes no difference which way you run the coolant, the Mr2 system is symmetrical , the rad inlet/outlets are in the same relative place and the rad will take flow in either direction.

The only point that had been previously raised on a US forum was the position of the rad fan switch... on a mk2 it is on the drivers side, on a mk1 it is on the passenger side of the rad.Now depending on which way you flowed coolant in relation to the switch "could" i suppose have some bearing on how the fan works, but we know it works either way maybe with just a slightly different form of operation.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Interesting find, my water pump from Mizumoauto (American eBay) uses the left (Toyota) design.

So it is looking more likely this is just a QH pump design, the market leader as well.... nice eh?

If folks could keep adding new found makes of pump design to this thread it would be extremely helpful.

Good
    Blueprint ADT 39135
    Genuine Toyota 16100-69455
    First line FWP1642
    Mizumoauto (American eBay)

Bad
    QH (Quinten Hazel) QCP 3261

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

good work paul this is why twobrutal is a top website all the info is priceless and this write up is a very important read for swappers who are doing the work themselves - as we all like to say a few quid here and on parts as genuine items can be costly...........but im thinking that trying to save a few pounds could cost someone their v6 QH HAVE A BIG NAME LETS SEE HOW QUICK THEY ALTER THE DESIGN..............................

I noticed the temp on mine was creeping up towards hot when I had the aircon' on and I was barely moving on a hot day driving through a showground to our stand. Makes me keep an eye on the guage.

just an FYI (for the americans)i guess:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93...Q5fAccessories
    this looks good too. ebay didnt have any waterpump only auctions.

autozone duralast seem to look good
    http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znet...781/3/image/8/

thanks for the info on this. ive had my 3vz over heat on my while idling after a thrashing, and i didnt like it. has me worried about sitting in traffic. but i guess with a good water pump design it might help the problem (if this was my problem).

has anybody with a 1mzfe engine had this problem at all................this situation once i have done the swap is something i have been thinking about because it would really upset me if it started to overheat after i gone to all the trouble of swapping....................more comments of swapped mr2 needed to confirm results
    Last edited by tripod23; 04-07-2009 at 13:15.

As i said before simon we have never seen it on any 1mz, maybe QH use the proper design on those or prehaps we have used a blueprint pump on those occasions, it is not something i had ever taken time to acknowledge during fitting..... well you wouldn't would you? Buy new pump, take it out of the box and fit it.... nobody ever starts analysing the blade design on a new pump, you just accept it is fit for purpose really.

yeah i know what your saying paul your right i wonder how many other makes of cars out there maybe having the same issue customers will be taking cars back to garages - and the techs will be scratching their heads [ well weve fitted a new pump it must be this this and this ] just give us your money - [ absolute nightmare ] good work tho paul

Good
    Blueprint ADT 39135
    Genuine Toyota 16100-69455
    First line FWP1642
    Mizumoauto (American eBay)
    autozone duralast (US)

Bad
    QH (Quinten Hazel) QCP 3261

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast