Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retaining functions with a standalone ecu?

And fat lardie lazy scouser types that can't handle the bhp.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    And fat lardie lazy scouser types that can't handle the bhp.
    How you getting on with your 136bhp, Mike? lol

126 bhp mate she cana handle it captain the dylethium crystals are all out of whack there's just too much of a creshendo of power.

Or put another way it has one mike power now as the engine is on the floor in several big bits, note to self never put a knocking engine on a dyno run if you want to get home with it in one piece.

I actually wired up the Emerald K3 to run my 1zz whilst keeping the stock ECU for dash functions....

The only problem was getting the coolant signal into both ECU's - one for engine temperature and the other for the gauge. I never got to the bottom of the problem - but just putting the signal into both ECU's did not work because the resistance was all wrong for the dash gauge.

Anyone know how to go about sharing the signal before I meet the same problem fitting the K3 onto a 1MZ??

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yep i know stuart, we fit a separate temp sender on the 1mz that is dedicated to the 1zz ECU for dash gauge and rad fan functions, works a treat.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Some useful info for me there too :thumbsup:

It might also be worth posting this on the Syvecs board as well, Gaz, get Pat's input on it.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Gaz, keep the EFI sensor off your 1zz engine and mount that into the 3s block/ housings somewhere, or make a custom housing for it that sits inline on a rad pipe. That's what i do.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Gaz, keep the EFI sensor off your 1zz engine and mount that into the 3s block/ housings somewhere, or make a custom housing for it that sits inline on a rad pipe. That's what i do.
    Ive still got the mk3 engine, so robbing any bits wont be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Yep i know stuart, we fit a separate temp sender on the 1mz that is dedicated to the 1zz ECU for dash gauge and rad fan functions, works a treat.
    There was me half way to soldering up a tiny transistor amp to take care of impedance matchng.... Ta for that!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast