Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retaining functions with a standalone ecu?

I did a BEAMS Turbo into a MK3 for Patrick. Quite easy as the crank and cam use the same trigger config. I normal 3S-GTE into a MK3 should be easy enough as it's only the A/C clutch than will pose difficulty as it need to pulse in and out and not just stay on all the time.

Lyndon.
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

On my swap I intend to go for with leaving the ABS the 1zz ecu and having a seperate set of abs rings made for the audi traction control.

Using the air con signal from the toyota to put into the audi ecu.

And hoping, since theyre both can bus, OBDII cars that the speed and rev signal from the Audi ecu will feed directly to the toyota dashboard. That goes for oil pressure too !

PS hav ea look at the Emerald 3D, used it before on it cars its very good and good value to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    I did a BEAMS Turbo into a MK3 for Patrick. Quite easy as the crank and cam use the same trigger config. I normal 3S-GTE into a MK3 should be easy enough as it's only the A/C clutch than will pose difficulty as it need to pulse in and out and not just stay on all the time.

Lyndon.
    Cool, what engine management did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    On my swap I intend to go for with leaving the ABS the 1zz ecu and having a seperate set of abs rings made for the audi traction control.

Using the air con signal from the toyota to put into the audi ecu.

And hoping, since theyre both can bus, OBDII cars that the speed and rev signal from the Audi ecu will feed directly to the toyota dashboard. That goes for oil pressure too !
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    PS hav ea look at the Emerald 3D, used it before on it cars its very good and good value to boot.

I have been looking at the racelogic setup and that looks a doddle to install the sensors, they will even pickup on the studs so no ring required.

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Tra..._Speed_Sensors

Luckily I dont need to make and descisions for quite a while yet so plenty of time to look into all the options. Meaning: wait to see what you and woodsy do first :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Symons View Post
    I have been looking at the racelogic setup and that looks a doddle to install the sensors, they will even pickup on the studs so no ring required.

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Tra..._Speed_Sensors

Luckily I dont need to make and descisions for quite a while yet so plenty of time to look into all the options. Meaning: wait to see what you and woodsy do first :P
    The cost of the Racelogic + an ECU + mapping is going to be less than the Solaris :)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    The cost of the Racelogic + an ECU + mapping is going to be less than the Solaris :)
    Dont you mean more?

How much do you reccon a solaris s6 would cost to buy, install and map?

What extras would be required? sensors etc.
    I would like boost control and traction control running.

I cant find much install info for the solaris like wiring diagrams so I guess I would need to have someone else that knows the system do it.

Dont you mean more?

How much do you reccon a solaris s6 would cost to buy, install and map?

What extras would be required? sensors etc.
    I would like boost control and traction control running.

I cant find much install info for the solaris like wiring diagrams so I guess I would need to have someone else that knows the system do it.
    doh yea, I mean more :)
    A Solaris would be £1450+mapping.

It has closed loop boost control, active knock control, traction control, launch control...

Go on the Solaris-ecs.co.uk forums :)

To get the same with the emerald 3d you'd also need the add the racelogic traction control, so that would be £580 + £595, so not much cheaper

Cool, what engine management did you use?
    I only use Link, best bang for buck (If you buy direct and not through Thor). The trouble with expensive ECU's is that 50% of the feature set you pay for you'll never use. It doesn't don't do traction control, but then that's for pussies :D

Lyndon.
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast