Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Retaining functions with a standalone ecu?

Gary, one thing to watch for is the good old MOT. If it was fitted with ABS as standard, it HAS to be there and HAS to work. If ABS was an optional fit, you could remove it completely.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    Gary, one thing to watch for is the good old MOT. If it was fitted with ABS as standard, it HAS to be there and HAS to work. If ABS was an optional fit, you could remove it completely.
    abs will still be retained, I think I have understood most of the wiring. I may need to talk nicely to mr. woods at some point in the near future though for a couple of pointers regarding the 1zz ecu wiring.

Did I ever mention what a nice chap he is :brownnoser:lol

Using an Apexi PFC (standalone) means you only lose the immobiliser - the temp. gauge etc. still works.
    ABS doesn't have to stay whether it was fitted as an option or not - if it's there, it has to work, if it's not, you just need to ensure your brake balance is still OK, as a lot of manufacturers now rely on the ABS taking care of premature rear lock up, etc.
    Without ABS, you'll need to supply the speedo. with a signal, or fit a different one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345