Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woodsport producing a budget Lotus..?!

Woodsport producing a budget Lotus..?!

Well...any of the forthcoming 2GR-FE swaps should offer a very attractive alternative to parting with £50k for the Evora......

And with it weighing in at a lardy 1350kg, the conversions will outperform it ,too.....!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I bet a lot of people watched TG last night and thought... mr2+2gr = evora killer! Not sure the handling will be in the same league though? But a mk1 or mk3 with a 2gr will certainly be well under the evora's 1350kg, maybe 1100-1150?=kgs?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I saw that and thought of you ! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    I bet a lot of people watched TG last night and thought... mr2+2gr = evora killer! Not sure the handling will be in the same league though? But a mk1 or mk3 with a 2gr will certainly be well under the evora's 1350kg, maybe 1100-1150?=kgs?
    A MK3+2GR would be something special! The MK3 must be getting quite cheap to buy these days? Especially a early 2000/01 model with a knackered 1ZZ engine....

I wonder what Lotus are using for the gearbox & ECU? I guess they didn't just change a resistor on the PCB to run it in M/T mode rotflmao

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    There is a good discussion taking place on one of the US boards about the evora 6 speed transmission , it bolts to the 2gr naturally but they were discussing the possibility of using this box on the 1mz and even 3vz..... it will be a good few years before an evora gearbox filters down the food chain though.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Saw this and thought of the new Woodsport conversions. If the standard install doesn't beat the Lotus..... if we can get these blown then they really will be nuts :twisted:

There are a couple of Lotus owners that I know that firmly need putting in their place. One day I'll get a conversion done, right when things stop breaking in the house :D

Isn't the Evora 'box from the Avensis dieseasal? I know Lotus did their own ECU. I'm betting the latter will remain uneconomic for most MR2 owners though!

I like the Evora but it's a bit dear tbh. £40k would be more like it imo (and even that's way out of my league presently). That said, as soon as they announced the 2GR was in, I was immediately thinking about all the goodies they could enhance the mumbo with.

I think any MR2 will be a definite second place to the Evora in chassis terms (Lotus are the world's experts in ride and handling imo) but so long as it's more fun than dangerous, I'm game for some Mk1.6 2GR action :)

Wasn't the MK1 Chassis/suspension setup influenced by Lotus??

designed in conjunction with i think but my mk1a rear anti roll bar is like piano wire.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    designed in conjunction with i think but my mk1a rear anti roll bar is like piano wire.
    The Mk3's aren't much better

Do you think Lotus might start using the audi V8 soon as well rotflmao

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast