Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Code Disassembly

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    When my Link ECU finally shows you can have mine. Just can't be sure when that might be..............
    That would be fantastic! Let me know when the Link ECU turns up and we'll sort something out!

Cheers,
    Jon

This databus was originally used by the ECU manufacturer during the development of the 3SGTE ECU.
    The good news is they left the support code for this inside the ECU program code and my little piggy board provides the missing hardware. So you get access to all the information they needed when developing the very first 3SGTE ECU which means you get access to EVERYTHING they ever wished for. You get over 100 commands a second which allows for some very fluid data and it is up to the user what gets asked for and datalogged.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS FOR DATALOGGING ONLY. YOU CANNOT REMAP THE ENGINE WITH THIS INTERFACE.

As a bonus I have added 5 external user inputs to the little piggy board. These are 10bit ADC inputs (0 to 5V range) and allow the user to couple up their own things they wish to datalog that the ECU is not connected to. EG they could connect up to the oil pressure guage or they could fit a thermistor to the oil pipes and monitor oil temp or turbo temp or a steering potentiometer. This would be useful for trackdays etc. The ADC inputs are rugged and can withstand any voltages +/- 20V without damage.

Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Progress update...

For anyone who's still interested, there has been some progress!

The picture above shows a prototype board with some of the components fitted, still waiting for the FPGA to arrive from Thailand (Ignore the big square chip in the picture, it's from an Amiga 500, just to test the socket!)

I've been working with a Supra owner in the US, who produced the board.
    The VHDL logic for the FPGA has been written, as soon as the remaining components arrive, testing will begin!

On the ECU disassembly side, not much progress has been made at the moment. Another ECU has been sacrificed in the name of progress, a helpful chap in France is stripping the PCB of all components and tracing the signals from the ECU connectors through to the processors. With this information it will be much easier to disassemble and understand the code!

The current plan is to use TunerPro to allow the maps and tables within the ECU to be changed. Unfortunately this won't allow realtime mapping of the ECU, I'll worry about that later on...

Cheers,
    Jon

That's superb mate. A real testament to your skills!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    That's superb mate. A real testament to your skills!
    Thanks.
    Without the help of the chaps in the US and France, I wouldn't have got anywhere! Just goes to show what working together and sharing information can achieve in a short time.

Yea, sharing is the way forward in a community - unfortunately, someone like JMR_AW11 couldn't see that, and wanted to exploit it for commercial gain and promised lots. But never delivered.

you say you want a camry 3vz ecu? i have one thats lying about... i do have it in the for sale section for 65 squid but fark it im being greedy, postage should run about 30 AUD if ya meet me halfway im more than happy to chuck it a box and post it you can have the ECU plugs + piggy tails as well

Quote Originally Posted by FourVeeSix View Post
    That add on board looks very pro! Nice going! :thumbsup:

How far are you from users being able to remap their ecu's do you reckon?
    Something id be interested in. :)
    Unfortunately I can't take credit for that board, the guy in the US had a few made up. I just wrote the VHDL logic to 'glue' all the components together, in exchange he sent me a board to play around with.

I've got my own board design almost ready to be made, but I've never had a PCB made before so there probably going to be a few issues to sort out :whistle:

I'd say I'm quite a way off having something that users could use to remap their ECUs. I haven't given much thought on how to fit the board inside the ECU case, the Rev 3 ECU needs two of these boards to remap everything, as you can see a second board ain't going to fit!

Also I need to reverse engineer to ECU code in more detail to work out what each of the maps and tables in the code are actually doing. I doubt many users would be interested in changing maps by trial and error!

If the boards I get made up aren't a complete disaster, I'll probably make a few available for anyone who really wants to have a play around at their own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by skiddz View Post
    you say you want a camry 3vz ecu? i have one thats lying about... i do have it in the for sale section for 65 squid but fark it im being greedy, postage should run about 30 AUD if ya meet me halfway im more than happy to chuck it a box and post it you can have the ECU plugs + piggy tails as well
    Yeah, I'd like to get hold of an 3VZ ECU to extract the code, then hopefully we'll be know for sure what the configuration resistors actually do!

I've sent you a PM.

Cheers,
    Jon

its great to someone with the knowledge getting stuck into this after whats gone on . Keep up the good work

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast