Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: ECU Code Disassembly

Quote Originally Posted by mrdb View Post
    Its been a while so whats the latest on this project :)
    As Michael mentioned, I've been busy building the simple ROM boards. It's been a useful experience, I had under estimated how long it takes to build, check and test the boards. Next time I'll get the boards built by someone else!

Progress on this project is waiting on me getting my MR2 back on the road. I'm happy that all the bugs have been worked out of the latest version of the boards, so I just to get it fitted in my MR2 and start using the S/W! Only by using the S/W to remap my MR2 can I get a feel for what features are missing in the S/W.

I've also just got hold of a UK ST205 ECU, so I'll be able to see what map changes Toyota made for 95 RON fuel. In my opinion the stock MR2 3S-GTE maps run too much ignition timing for 99 RON petrol here in the UK. This results in the ECU detecting knock, retarding the timing and dumping fuel which causes lost power. By coming up with better ignition maps I hope to gain power over the stock maps and make the engine run more consistently from day to day.

Hi,

Been reading through this thread and I'm slightly confused!

I have a 3vzfe, and I'm very interested in one of your chips. However are they capable of holding a full remap? I am planning to run a supercharger so will your ECU be able to accommodate this?

Thanks

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142