Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22v issue with wheel spacers

22v issue with wheel spacers

got a bit of an issue here.
    im using the 22v clappers with stock front mk1b disks.
    these need a 6mm disk spacer which i bought off the shelf but having a spacer, then the disk, then adams lovely wheel spacer means that the hub spindle does not contact on the inside of his spacer meaning the wheel is mounted by the bolts and no longer sits on the hub spindle if you get my drift!
    i have a couple of options.
    1. find a different disk that doesn't need spacing to fit the clapper.
    2. remove material from the mounting points on the clappers in effect moving the clapper inwards by the removed amount.

anyone got any better ideas?

Buy some corrado g60 rear discs, get Adam to drill and sort, bobs your uncle and your an aunt fanny.

mike thats faaaar too easy :-)

1. Use 259mm disc from a Renault clio, machine the internal ridge and fit a spigot ring to centre the disc (54mm - 60mm) on the hub.

http://mr2.org.nz/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7596

Is this using the 22v caliper stright onto the rear hub? My notes are that you get a 255.7mm swept diameter this way....
    WMS 4 pot brake kit status: AW11 kits: ( in stock! ). SW20 kits: ( in stock! ) See: www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?3450

IIRC, Mk3 front discs only need a 3mm spacer with the 22V's.

ooh that sounds good mate..didnt want to shift the wheels inwards too much (6mm) cos of course i set my arches before thinking about the frigging spacers! so 3mm is workable.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...164#post219164

nik check the link above

Front discs from Vauxhaul corsa II 00 onwards, Brembo part number 09.8601.10, you can check Brembo catalogue here http://www.brembo.com/ENG/catalogo_AM/2007/index.html

The disc is
    260mm
    24mm thick,
    4x100 pcd,
    126mm inner diameter(just fits),
    41 height,
    60mm bore,
    at a amazing price 45pounds + postage from ebay

the disc is a def fit, only needs a spigot ring and a 2mm washer to align the caliper with the disc, just got mine from the machine shop today,

pros
    bigger than the front mk1b discs or even the mk3 ones,
    no plate needed
    bigger surface area for pad than the corrado discs 105mm vs 100mm
    fatter 24mm with min 21, which will last longer and most importantly
    no adapters, no extra mods, just one spigot ring 6mm and a 2mm washer

also it leaves the much needed hub for the wheels to sit on intact

Don't forget you lot "know a guy" - for instance I can do those Corsa discs for £34.56+vat/pr and £10.00+vat postage = £53.47 delivered. Not that I normally stock Corsa stuff!!! :-)
    WMS 4 pot brake kit status: AW11 kits: ( in stock! ). SW20 kits: ( in stock! ) See: www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?3450

can you do em with a spigot ring and 2mm spacer ready to fit like?
    MK1.5 - fixed - turbo technics hybrid CT26, ST205 charge cooler, XS power manifold and decat (not split yet) air con to be sorted next

Oh, and its now running thanks to Jiff and BSM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast