Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: auto up for windows mod

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

auto up for windows mod

many thanks to jeff on mr2oc for this superb mod,we currently only have auto down on our mk1 window switches,of course mk2 owners have both,so cleverly jeff has found a way to mod our drivers door switch so we have auto up as well.....i really like this mod,simple and effective...hope some of you find it useful,i know i will!.

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=150753

Right ive a plane to catch,next stop gogville :D

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

excellent mod..now i just need one that puts the t-tops back on automatically..

That's why you take the missus along for the ride....! Especially when it's raining.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

jimi on the mr2oc has now revised this write up so its a lot easier to follow....
    http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/index.php?nam...p=show&kid=179

Im also taking delivery of 30 diodes needed to do this mod so for TB big members im offering the following.

Ask me to send you 3 diodes and i will post them down to you free of charge so you can mod the relay yourself OR
    send me up your power window relay and i will do the mod for you and send it back,this will require a £5+ donation to the club fund though.

just to add im getting 30 diodes so the first ten who stick their name down get!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I'm gonna try and get round to this mod, I like the idea of auto up. Luckily I found a few diodes lying around in my garage that are of the correct kind :-)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

If anyone's going to Maplins (or similar) for their diodes then buy a 470kohm potentionmeter (& knob) also, (these are pence to buy) so that you can do the jimi wiper mod. You may as well strike whilst that the irons hot....:icon_tumb

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=75
    Last edited by jasper; 05-02-2006 at 14:23.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

Jasper Jimi only charges a quid if you send him your wiper unit and its a very neat unit especially for those like me that hate anything electronic ! and easy to get a spare unit from a scrapper for pence to send him so you dont have to be without one !
    I am in for getting this window mod as I can do that in conjecntion with fitting a new cog as mine is fecked on the sc !

do you want some diodes sending down sam or do you want to send me a window relay? i'll send 3 diodes for free out to the first 9 people that ask,keeping 3 for meself!

yes please paul as i really have to learn elctronics at some point and this is a great mod especially when i go over the severn bridge ! Will PM you now as also have another question for you.

Cheers

Sam

I might contact Jimi and get him to do the wiper mod. I can rip the one off my spare car, send it off and then replace the current one.

We may be able to sort out something where noone has to go hunting for a spare. Once mine is done and I have swapped onto my car I could send mine off to Jimi, get that modded and get him to send it back to the next person, they can then swap it onto their car and do the same with their switch.

I'll have to check with Jimi if he minds doing it this way but it could make things easier if a few people want the mod. I'll just have to go check that I can find the switch, I know its somewhere in that pile of parts somewhere.
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast