Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk3 v8

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    engine and gearbox in and now fitted into final
    Looking good :thumbsup:, looks like you've cut through something important here :D

Quote Originally Posted by stevehall View Post
    Looking good :thumbsup:, looks like you've cut through something important here :D
    That'll be alright got a load of velcro left over from a previous job :whistle:

On the driveshaft front, it looks like the FIL is going to play around with the celica CV joint to get it to fit with the MK3 Abs ring. Re splining the audi shaft isnt an option, so its a modded joint or welding in the end of the MK3 shaft onto the audi.

We'll see how it goes

why not get some shafts made with the correct splines to fit both inner and outer cvs or is it a dense question cause it may cost too much?.

TBH, I've not really considered that, only because I've got a figure of a couple of hundred quid each in my mind...any thoughts.

A pair of modded celica's will cost me about £60

Get some longer thicker shafts from a breakers get an engineering company to shorten them to the correct length and respline them, then you have uprated strongershafts with the correct splines.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Paul have you considered retro fitting a pair of Mk2 turbo hubs onto the car? You can get ABS ones too,then just use a Mk2 turbo outer CV joint which will fit straight onto the Audi A4 shaft!

Ok it will mean mods to the trailing arms/track/toe arms but that is nothing for a man of your talents, plus i have a fairly good inkling that they will bolt straight to the mk3 shocker tube.

You will also get a free rear brake upgrade into the bargain,rev3- rears are much better than what you have now, plus the mk2 turbo CV joint is good for anything the V8 will throw at it,you get to keep your ABS (is the tooth count important on ABS rings v mk3 ring???, might need to check that one!)

This is the way i will be going once i have bust my CV's (you just know it's inevitable!) :)

Just a few ideas mate but to me it makes the most sense.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Hmm, that sounds lik an option, how much mod work doyou think they'd be

I can just see the suspension being all out kilter and being a nightmare. knowing my luck ! :violin:

I think as long as you get the arms the correct length you will be ok, who knows you might even be able to swap some parts from the Toyota bin and use mk2 arms or modified hybrids of mk2/mk3.... definately do able and well within your skill set.

EDIT: just remembered you will end up with 5 stud hubs at the rear but i'm sure you could either convert them to 4 stud or fit 5 stud wheels at the back.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I'm thinking of having 17's at the back and 16's on the front anyway so a 4stud/5stud wouldnt be an issue.
    tyre width is around 215/235 F/R

I really do think this is your best bet, it's certainly an option for me when i blow my outer CV joints to smithereens! :)

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast