Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk3 v8

Good progress guys.

Strangely enough there was a couple of guys not dissimilar to yourselves talking about the V8 conversion on the DNA forum at the weekend. :rofl:

This is how my hole now looks, this is with the roof down and should be the final size, Iwas a little a concerned that the rear may compromise the engine position but it looks OK.

And this is the roof up image, for thoe wanting dimensions as you can see it measures about 2 terriers high by six wide.

Do you know how expensive Jack Russels are with those optional LED running lights! :woods:

Hehe.

"Why the f@(k are you taking my picture mate?"

lol

So i take it you can slot the whole assembly in and out of the bay on those mounting points?

Mr2's with huge holes in them. Gotta love it. :)

Aye, the engine is mounted on four points, the two original enginemounts and the plated ends of the old cross member, the frame also goes forward and bolts onto the new crossmember, which hopefully should be strong as fook as everything is tied together.

Looking good there Paul. :thumbsup:
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

engine and gearbox in and now fitted into final position, althoughit all be coming back out for painting and pipework etc.

Next is the suspension subframe to be modd'd for the gearbox to fit through the middle of it and then to fit the new cross member.

Wow, this is taking great shape.

Love it :thumbsup:

Magnificent! Keep going Paul, this will be the best Roadster anywhere!
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

I must admit, I think you're right there, Winestein.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast