Thread: samco hoses

samco hoses

where can i get samco hose kit for the mk1?? (i.e. the ones for a 4age)
    i know they do them but cannot find them on the net now??
    cheers
    pete

AW11 3vz-FE hartop
    if you make it idiot proof
    they Will make a better idiot

I know someone who works for Samco (he makes them) so ill ask him if they still do the 4AGE kit.

What hoses in particular are you after?

i think they used to do a coolant kit...

AW11 3vz-FE hartop
    if you make it idiot proof
    they Will make a better idiot

Quote Originally Posted by pistol pete View Post
    where can i get samco hose kit for the mk1?? (i.e. the ones for a 4age)
    i know they do them but cannot find them on the net now??
    cheers
    pete
    Did you ever get a set of these hoses as i am keen to get a set ,if so would you let me know were you got them

Colin

There was a group buy going on the MK1 club site, but they were needing a full set of hoses to be copied and I don't think anyone offered up...

Yes that's right i was involved in that and posted the thread asking for a spare set but as you said no one came up with any and i only have the ones on the car but am still looking .

the problem with the MR2 is that there are some massive hoses running underneath the car. replacing them with Samcos is going to work out probably more expensive than an entire kit for a normal front engined car (it certainly is the case with mk2 MR2's). so kits are likely to be very expensive. thats probably why they dont bother selling a kit for the mk1 (because mk1 owners are notoriously cheap, and lesser in numbers than mk2 owners), and why interest is usually reasonably high but once theres a price il bet most people arent so interested anymore.

if you just did engine bay hoses (e.g. visible ones) then it would work out at a more sensible price, but would ultimately be pointless (nothing more than a visual improvement). you might be better off measuring up the stock hoses and sourcing Samco replacements seperately though. otherwise you could be waiting forever for a group buy to happen, i first saw it being organised about 3 years ago iirc lol.

Yes i agree to replace all the hoses would be very expensive .I would be happy if i could source a set of engine bay hoses.

Have you considered the flexi hose that samco and the like do, you may need some brackets to guide the hose though.

Hmmm...maybe this should be bumped, as I have a full set of spare hoses(eng. bay), metal centre pipes I'd keep, and front hoses just aren't really ever seen, so i wouldn't bother with those...