Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Configuration Resistors on 3VZ-FE ECU

Well, things are looking very promising. Drove into work and at the usual points it would often stall (pulling up to a stop at a particular junction while the car is not fully up to temp) it seemed fine, even with my purposely trying to aggravate the issue (3rd gear, then clutch in and brake reasonably hard etc) - revs did not drop below 1000 at all.

In fact if I coast, it tends to stay at 1k or so, but when stationary drops to around 900 rpm - possibly as its still learning.

Seems a lot happier in itself anyway. I'll see if anything changes over the next few days after running it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Well, things are looking very promising. Drove into work and at the usual points it would often stall (pulling up to a stop at a particular junction while the car is not fully up to temp) it seemed fine, even with my purposely trying to aggravate the issue (3rd gear, then clutch in and brake reasonably hard etc) - revs did not drop below 1000 at all.

In fact if I coast, it tends to stay at 1k or so, but when stationary drops to around 900 rpm - possibly as its still learning.

Seems a lot happier in itself anyway. I'll see if anything changes over the next few days after running it for a while.
    Sounds like great news that Ian!

That's excellent results.

I've wondered about the coolant through the IACV myself, makes it a pain to remove and install. My best guess was to warm up the resin that builds up, but that's a dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehall View Post
    That's excellent results.

I've wondered about the coolant through the IACV myself, makes it a pain to remove and install. My best guess was to warm up the resin that builds up, but that's a dumb idea.
    Actually, you may be onto something there. Its probably to get the temp up a bit when the engines cold to prevent the mechanism sticking, especially if its freezing?

Just been for a longish run at lunchtime, and all still seems well. Idle is nicely around the expected area (800-1k rpm) and car does appear smoother/better to drive. Realised this is probably due to the fact its not dropping the revs low and struggling a bit when stationary - makes a lot of difference!

Would be good to get it on a RR not only to see if there's any effect on performance figures, but to see what the fuelling is like now. Wonder of this will have any effect on mpg? :hmm:

Cars still going nicely - in fact seemed a bit nippier today too...

....and also just found out that there's a rolling road session being organised in the Bristol area around 7th june through the mr2oc forums. Seems a good opportunity to check out any peformance difference. They will also do an AFR check if asked so I can make sure thats ok as well.

This is very TB :fingersx:

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Cars still going nicely - in fact seemed a bit nippier today too...

....and also just found out that there's a rolling road session being organised in the Bristol area around 7th june through the mr2oc forums. Seems a good opportunity to check out any peformance difference. They will also do an AFR check if asked so I can make sure thats ok as well.
    Great stuff Ian, get them scanned in! :)

Bear in mind, if it's comparing to your old graph, that was thought to be done in the wrong gear (was that right?)

So don't go for a direct comparison on that one.

Will be great to see though :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ View Post
    Bear in mind, if it's comparing to your old graph, that was thought to be done in the wrong gear (was that right?)

So don't go for a direct comparison on that one.

Will be great to see though :thumbsup:
    Yes, it was done in 3rd gear and the results were debated somewhat.

Besides, this will be a different location/RR anyway so it will be different regardless.... :mrgreen:

Is the session per run or per hour? (Never been to a rr day so no idea how it works) It'd be really interesting to take a soldering iron etc down with you and try the different configurations, maybe see if the other resistor positions make a difference.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast