Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Configuration Resistors on 3VZ-FE ECU

Is this with the non pocvip ISCV?

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

start it up and switch it off ten times in a row, that'll help with the learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdan View Post
    Is this with the non pocvip ISCV?
    Yup - this is a non-picvipp'd car. Also using the SP1 signal from the dash as well at the moment and not the 5v trick.

Initial quick tests seem to show the car is running as expected - certainly seems to be as revvy etc. Will probably spent a little while later having a drive around and see how she goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Decided to bite the bullet and have a go on mine.
    Nice one!

First thing I noticed - the surface mounted resistor I removed from R752 is actually reading as 10k ohms on my meter. Checked the others and they seem the same?
    You're right, I didn't read my multimeter right :doh:
    Last edited by jon.sole; 17-05-2009 at 18:51.

Just out of curiosity - has ThreeD's M/T ecu been used in an mr2? Just wondering if it has what the results were....
    This ECU is mounted into a 1986 MK1, M/T, with min. modification to power train.
    Results until:
    Low idle about 500-600 RPM
    everything else normal, accel., upshifting, downshifting.
    The "until" is: “Soo close – frustrated again” thread

Good luck "biting the bullet", hope your results are as wished.

Ok - decided to take it for a longer run. Checked for engine codes and just got a repeating flashing engine light - so no codes yet.

Took it for a drive down the motorway at a constant 70-75 mph, and over 3000 rpm. (I know there are certain conditions needed for error code 42 to be stored).

Got back about 10 mins later and....... no codes stored! :boogie:

As far as the idle is concerned - at the moment, when I first start the car the revs go up to 1200 or so, then gradually drop down to 900. They do occasionaly drop below that to 800 when the fans etc kick in, but a nice and healthy idle speed at the moment anyway.

I'll see how it goes tomorrow morning on my trip into work - will see if the low idle or stalling issues are still there when semi warm.

good job, lets hope it works.

semi warm.
    Chortle lol

That's top news it's hopefully got rid of the 42 aswell.

Would be interesting to see what it would do on a RR.

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ View Post
    Chortle lol

That's top news it's hopefully got rid of the 42 aswell.

Would be interesting to see what it would do on a RR.
    Well, been for another spin - and I don't know if its just me, or due to the ecu reset - but it seems a bit better to drive. Also sounds a little different when driving (at least in the higher rev range) but that could just be 'cos its a little chilly and damp out tonight.

One thing I will need to sort out though the the coolant channels through the ICV. At the moment its been bypassed (i.e. no coolant through it) so not sure if that would make a difference. Why does the ICV have a coolant channel anyhow? Perhaps to stabalise air temp going through it?

The noise will be down to the nice dewy night mate :thumbsup:

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast