Thread: tacho board mod

tacho board mod

ive read Sengks mod and found which is the 43k resistor (yellow orange orange) but where do input the pot?

From memory the guides slightly wrong, there's only 1 resistor that measures correctly for the pot location but seng describes it as the biggest on the board but it isn't.

Ill photo mine tomorrow if i get 5 minutes

ok so the big resistor is deff 43k so thats the ballast. the 2nd largest measures at 4.7k but the colour bands dont match they are brown orange orange gold??

not the best pictures but they should help,

as you can see i attached the pot to fly leads and made a hole in the bottom of the clocks so i could adjust it with the clocks fitted, it is the easiest way and id suggest you do the same, i then just tuck the pot in behind the clocks.

to adjust it you can either use a tacho strobe light or i can loan you my obd1 dongle which will show you on an android device the rpm, hold it at a steady 3krpm and set the pot so the rev counter matches and that's it

that resistor on mine is 5.56 in the 20k range but then mines out of a celica.

Well your going to have to suck it and see unless paul has any input

which terminals of the pot do i use as the middle and furthest away do nothing.

They should all do something or your checking it wrongly, almost every potentiometer in the world works like this (they are not necessarily marked with those letters)

Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

its working now so i just adjusted till it was around 1k at tickiver till i get it set properly.