Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: leon's swap (holland)

hi there!

our biggest fear came true....

leon fucked the engine....

cilinder 2:

cilinder 1 in the head, looks fine nothing wrong at all!

cil 2

cil 3

cil4

in the head, exhaust side:

seems like the valve seals are grilled or something, could asswel be the full synthetic oil, whatever it is it feals like rubber anyway:

another item, the helicoil for the stud on the exhaust side was fucked aswell

its a real bummer, but shit happens, we were already planning to build an 5vz of 3vz for the gt37r...

keep you all posted!

grtz stephan

To bad.. But cant that be fixed? Maybe take it to a machine shop and see what they have to say about it.

we are the machineshop;)

were gonna drop the block tonight, and bring it to one of the homies, take all the stuff out and put it into another block...

the head can be saved, but the block itself is totaly screwed... we've got 2 major cracks in the walls...

car should be up and running before the end of may dude....

Damn - hard luck... but look at it as an oppertunity to make things bigger and better...

Nice job - That is one sweet looking 2. I like the gadget stack on the dash... reminds me of a music amp rack!
    Rev 1 with Rev 3 Goodies..
    Getting the Rogue treatment

gorgeous car, never mind the engine its replaceable!, what was it producing power wise ?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

500ish crank horses, the engine is beeing build as we speak...

new bearings, new seals, 2nd gen (seems like low milage shortblock) and the old stuff, everything looked fine when we stripped the cracked engine so that's a big +! :)

everything will be measurred and re-balanced to the last bolt and nut, girdle in the block, thinner TTE 1mm head gasket and stuff.....

keep you in touch about the progress!

UPDATE!!!

great news! we've got the freshly rebuild engine back! with some new goodies!!!

i will post some pics tonight (our time...) and modify the specs-list....

there was a major issue in the old engine, but i will make a nice post to give a small insight...

pics on the way!

Gr Stephan

nice one mate! good to see a car like that gettin made healthy again. Its a really really nice car. I'd flippin love somethign like that!

Just thought I'd be really sad and say I quite like those supra seats! Look almost stock but with fun electrics! :thumbsup:
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

It has been a while now... a lot of setbacks but it's good now...

Dynoed the car, the ignition failed above the 7k rpm, so we redlined it @ 7500 rpm @ the moment, almost 500nm torque, 424 hp @ wheels and 489 hp @ the crank... handles like a beast, we have a lot more work to do, it's just getting started now, trying to get the car back on the dyno asap, we are aiming @ 600hp.... next thing will be swapping the ignition for coils and back to the dyno!!

stay tuned!!

1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIrwj2N13nU
    2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0XpQzijmQg
    3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4xhy2sjjGQ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast