Thread: help getting front bumper/bumper bar off

help getting front bumper/bumper bar off

i need to change the bumper bar on my car. i have removed the 4 large bolts and the nuts off the bumper but it still wont come off.

are there any fixings i havent found. i have even removed the nuts hidden by the brow pieces in front of the headlights.
    MK1.5 - fixed - turbo technics hybrid CT26, ST205 charge cooler, XS power manifold and decat (not split yet) air con to be sorted next

Oh, and its now running thanks to Jiff and BSM

yes lts of little ones on a metal strip under the bumper thatalways shear off about 6 i think.

theres also about 8 or so along the top of thr bumper 2 each side behind headlights lift head lights up can reach them then and about another 4 or 6 inbetween

metal strip under bumper is off, 4 big bolts on bumper bar are off as are all the nuts along the top of the bumper incl. 2 each side in front of headlights but it still isnt coming off. are there any fixings i havent found.
    MK1.5 - fixed - turbo technics hybrid CT26, ST205 charge cooler, XS power manifold and decat (not split yet) air con to be sorted next

have you found the 3 each side that bolt thru the front edge of the wings?

Quote Originally Posted by aladins78 View Post
    have you found the 3 each side that bolt thru the front edge of the wings?
    how do i get to those. i had a feeling it was something like that. the new bumper has 3 holes in each side where it meet the wing. i thought they were just to locate the bumper.

from memory you have to take out the plastic covers from inside the wings, think the front bit comes out on its own, but seem to remember it being easier to work on if you take it all out. If its still original it has a metal strap with studs and nuts, that normally shear off.

HTH

Gav

I just did this job, its easier to take out the headlights to get into those 3 bolts. They are probably rusted in place and will shear off!
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!