Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new motor

Always liked them in blue.

the seats are very uncomfortable on a run, either that or i cant get it adjusted right. carefully take the side vents off and you have access to the drain plugs for the soft top. these can get blocked and you get water in the cubby holes.

also be careful when opening and closing the cover in the frunk. the clips break easily.

aren't the standard brakes superb.

I changed the headlight bulbs in my wifes for some blue bulbs. they are great now.

enjoy it, great time to have bought one and you will also find it a bit more rigid with the roof on. i was surprised when you see that the hard top is only held on by 4 clips.
    MK1.5 - fixed - turbo technics hybrid CT26, ST205 charge cooler, XS power manifold and decat (not split yet) air con to be sorted next

Oh, and its now running thanks to Jiff and BSM

The seats have always been really comfortable in mine, even on a longish run from Strasbourg to Venice in one go last year. Try adjustments till you are happy with them.
    The hardtop can add to stiffness, but that can also be achieved with some decent chassis bracing. There are lots of choices for that.
    The stock roadster brakes are very good indeed, that's one thing I've always liked about it. It is a fun car and though it doesn't have vast horsepower out of the box, it always makes owners smile every time they drive one. That's what its all about. :thumbsup:
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Would the ST205's bolt up to these to give immense stopping power like in the Mk1?

Quote Originally Posted by toffer View Post
    tidy bit of kit mate :thumbsup: was it hard to find in this condition ?
    TBH its the only car I looked at, i am sure there are plenty about. I have been looking for a few weeks on autotrader, pistonheads and ebay (where i saw this one)

I was planning on starting the search proper this week but the car was only 30miles away so it had to be done.

The only thing I would say is that many of the sellers are in denial as to their cars real value.

Definately pays to bide your time until the right one turns up.

Very nice mate, me likes.

Quote Originally Posted by rattymr2 View Post
    Always liked them in blue.

the seats are very uncomfortable on a run, either that or i cant get it adjusted right. carefully take the side vents off and you have access to the drain plugs for the soft top. these can get blocked and you get water in the cubby holes.

also be careful when opening and closing the cover in the frunk. the clips break easily.

aren't the standard brakes superb.

I changed the headlight bulbs in my wifes for some blue bulbs. they are great now.

enjoy it, great time to have bought one and you will also find it a bit more rigid with the roof on. i was surprised when you see that the hard top is only held on by 4 clips.

Good info ta,

I actually quite like the seats, but have only done a 30 minute run so time will tell i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny g View Post
    Would the ST205's bolt up to these to give immense stopping power like in the Mk1?
    Dont know if it would work, but its something that may get tried in the future :hmm:

Snap!:shades:

Exactly the same as mine: yours has the leather interior, granted....but I do have one in my attic waiting to go in as soon as the car is back in Worthing...!

I take it you'll obviously be fitting a 3VZ / 1MZ / 3SGTE into it at some stage....!?:boogie:

......and take my word for it....the difficult decision about which bodykit to fit to it awaits you......!!!

Cracking cars, these.......you won't regret buying a Mk3...!:shades:

Are you putting the monster tubby in this chief or is that destined for the Mk1?

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ View Post
    Are you putting the monster tubby in this chief or is that destined for the Mk1?
    Hoping to get the mk1 back on the road shortly to run for this year without much in the way of futher mods. The new engine, once built, will go in the mk3 but probably not until next year, i still need to keep an eye on my finances as the contractor design market isnt too good at the moment. Thankfully I am still in work at the moment but i have friends that have been out since christmas.

Been out in the car again today and the brakes are indeed great, also its nice to be driving a car with go-cart handling again :shades:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast