Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Standard wheelbase Mk3.8

MK3 V8 ( Audi AHC)

Well, since I'm waiting for the kit people for some bits and pieces, I guess its about time to go through the Firewall and see where we get.

The assumption is to resite the fuel tank into the spare wheel well, although the handbrake cables, brake lines and gear linkage will also require moving, along with keeping the torsional rigidity of the shell intact and creating a new structural firewall. :gay:

...... piccies on Sunday !

Woohoo!

Does this mean you can use the standard Mk3 suspension setup chief?

Now this is what I am so looking forward to seeing.Many challenges here Paul, but I know you're up to the task mate. I'll be cheering you on from here. :thumbsup:
    Have you got as far as deciding the size of the fuel tank yet?
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Yep, Aiming to use a custom subframe and probably drive shafts, but keep with original suspension, hubs, brakes etc.

Nigel, Dont speak too soon, i may be :banghead:

Cool, this is the one I have been waiting for. Make sure its LOTS of pics on Sunday :thumbsup:

For fuel tank size its going to be a similar size to the spare wheel, which I think will make it quite a bit bigger than standard........which might be useful !

Absolutely it will be!
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by Subarupaul View Post
    For fuel tank size its going to be a similar size to the spare wheel, which I think will make it quite a bit bigger than standard........which might be useful!
    Lends itself to good weight distribution for the front end. Keep it coming Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by grsymons
    Cool,this is the one I have been waiting for
    . Me too. :boogie:

OK,
    So this it what it looks like before

The wholes in the central section are where the coolant pipes would run on the other build.

I'll trim piece by piece out so as not to go too crazy, so after a bit of trimming

I want to keep the box section inplace as much as possible and am thinking about using it as a mounting point for the engine. Definately want to keep these bars in place.

So I'm now left with this

That's what am talking about!

Mr2 carnage. Love it.

How close to the front of that hole do you think the engine will sit?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast