Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Greg's 1mz mk3 roadster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Paul!
    What tranny are you using? are you going with the S54 in nige's car or the stronger E153? The reason i ask is i've gone with the stronger E153 but now i'm strugling to find 4 stud Toyota hubs to fit the bigger sideshafts for my spyder.
    (sorry don't mean to hjack the tread)
    Any suggetstions?

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    still think a mk3 needs a body kit and is too much a 90s hairdresser car but hey ho wot do I know i'm stuck in an 70s-80s time warp the time that good taste forgot.
    Attachment 1099

Attachment 1100

I just bought this kit for mine.

Mark.

Nice kit: front lip wouldn't last beyond my driveway, though......!:)

I'm probably gonna go the total opposite, and keep it as mundane and stock looking as poss.....?
    its gonna be difficult, as I am already planning to mod the lights, fit a TRD spoiler, and some subtle interior styling.......:whistle:

I must be strong, and resist......even though the force is strong..!:twisted:

If I DO fit a kit though, it will need to be a widebody jobbie...[:(

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    We are going with the S54 with LSD and extended 5th.

Do you mean the CV joint spline is too big? just use GT4 front CV joints,mind you the ABS won't work with those.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

yes the CV splines are too big:icon_eek:
    GT-4 are a very rare speicies here in south africa!
    I'll PM you more details
    thanks Paul

The JDL looks pretty nice, but I have heard that it sometimes takes a little fettling to make for a really good fit.
    I think I may well go for near standard looks next time. My front lip takes a bit of a graunching. Its one of those things you have to accept if you have a kitted and lowered Roadster.
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    This one is now running, i will grab a video on tuesday... just doing some final wiring tweaks :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345