Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk1 Rear brake upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    just a thought, but people fit mk3 alloys on mk1's all the time, and to the best of my knowledge they were a direct fit (no spigot required)

so if thats the case, it would confirm that the mk3 is a 54.1 centre bore as well. from a brief browse on google most sources seem to say 54.1mm as well

by all means check to confirm though. if this is the case then it makes the rear conversion even easier!!

This is great news!

Hopefully get them fitted before the next trackday now. Bonus.

Ok.....

The Mk3 has a stepped hub, I just measured it. The disc sits on a 54.99mm O.D. shallow step, and the disc I.D. is 55.10mm. The smaller main part of the Mk3 hub has an O.D. of 53.99mm, explaining why the Mk3 wheels fit the Mk1, while the discs don't...
    WMS 4 pot brake kit status: AW11 kits: ( in stock! ). SW20 kits: ( in stock! ) See: www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?3450

http://www.turbocelica.nl/541vs550mm.htm

The main reason why I don't like the 6mm spacer is that I have to change the studs for longer ones. Making a strip seems alot less work than replacing the studs

Quote Originally Posted by keri-WMS View Post
    Ok.....

The Mk3 has a stepped hub, I just measured it. The disc sits on a 54.99mm O.D. shallow step, and the disc I.D. is 55.10mm. The smaller main part of the Mk3 hub has an O.D. of 53.99mm, explaining why the Mk3 wheels fit the Mk1, while the discs don't...
    Can someone please help me clear this up? I'm trying to order custom spigot rings for my Golf BBS wheels (57.1 centre bore) and everywhere else I read it says that the wheels on a MK1 have a centre bore of 54.1 yet above it says that wheels are 53.99

The studs are a piece of cake to replace, you hammer the old ones out and the new ones push in from behind. Less than a minute for each stud!
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!

i replaced the studs with longer ones on my car but i m struggling to get them to sit flush against the back of the hub any ideas

Can you stick a wheel on and then do the bolts up in series a turn at a time to gently draw it all down square? Or just stick a big fuck off windy gun on it...

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

What sort of windy gun was that again Owen? LMAO

That would be a windy gun of the BIG FUCK OFF variety. :rofl:

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast