Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mk1.6 transmissions and driveshafts

Oh damn that's what I forgot, the short stub off the auto tranny. Good thing I didn't toss the old auto tranny.

I hope the Avalon supported junk is the same as the camry's you're getting your 1mz's from.

With the ST185 outer CV's from partsinabox
    http://www.partsinabox.co.uk/acatalo...4X4_12249.html

Would I be correct in assuming these are both the same and I can order either of them the suit the 1MZ & E153 using SW20 Turbo shafts?

Go soothingly on the grease mud as there lurks a skid demon.

Just looking for a confirmation here before I throw some cash around. Putting a 1MZ + S54 into my MK1B AW11. I only need the SW20 NA shafts as per the first post in this thread? This will replace my current shafts from the hub to gearbox?

Yep, or get the Celica supported shaft on there to remove the torque steer (defo worthwhile)

Thanks OlberJ, I'll probably just pick up the MK2 shafts since it's easiest (comes with the gearbox)

For the 1MZ + Fidanza flywheel combination, what flywheel bolts are required?
    I assume standard Camry flywheel bolts (For Manual), but have a feeling AW11 bolts have been mentioned here before?

EDIT: found in another thread that #90105-10138 (Camry) are fine for the 1MZ+Fidanza combo.
    Last edited by knightrous; 02-08-2010 at 06:39. Reason: Found information.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Regardless of which bolts you use, you MUST double check them for depth into the crank to make sure they aren't bottoming out, we check every single one even though we have done it many times before, it will save you a whole world of pain just doing this 2 minute check.

Also make sure you check clearance between the back of your clutch plate and bolt heads.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Will do Paul!
    Camry bolts worked out real cheap, $3ea from the local Toyota dealer :)

Quote Originally Posted by knightrous View Post
    Will do Paul!
    Camry bolts worked out real cheap, $3ea from the local Toyota dealer :)
    Is the Camry bolt the part code you posted above?, I got the Mk1 ones but they seem a bit short for the Fidanza, i recon I can go a good 5mm more, can you please measure the length of the bolts for me

#90105-10138 are the ones I ordered. I'll measure them at lunch.
    OT: Where abouts in Aus are you?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast