Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do i hook up my A/C

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    you might have to give one of the ally pipes a little bend but thats all.... one pipe is thicker bore than the other so thats how you know which way round to put them.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

http://forums.twobrutal.com/files/ca...ne_removal.pdf

there is a pic of the compressor with fittings attached as it is on the camry

i have ended up paying an aluminium place $100 a pipe to join the pipes. and they recon that its illegal to regas a system thats has been open to atmo without replacing the dryer and that as long as the comp on the camry is meant for r134a then there are no other changes necessary.

i have also found kits on ebay for regassing ...and im curious

they are replacing all the crimps and hose too

my a/c is done at last. just in time to miss the record days above 40 heat wave. ended up costing me $550 i hate when i get charged labor cause i wasnt there to do it myself :@

Thread revival!

So, looking at the 3VZ engine aircon pump, there's three wires coming from it. I cant remember the colours, will look tomorrow. Anyway, found this:-

If i understand this correctly, i have the following:-

A/C clutch power up - B/W
    Temp sensor - ?
    Lock up - ?

Am i right in assuming that if you just wire the B/W into the MR2 fuse box, ignoring the other two wires, it will work, but without temp control?

c.

There should only be a single wire to connect the compressor to the fusebox. Unless you have all the ac. Brains are in the cabin. So that should be unaffected by the engine swap.

Interesting, thanks.

The car was AC equipped, and given that there's 3 wires from the condenser pump I figured they used to go somewhere.

C.

Id imagine your spare mr2 wires are to do with the idle up for the a/c which paula says isn't needed, I still haven't got round to sorting mine yet

Good point. and get on with it, summer is coming.

:)

Wasn't there some thing about different refrigerants used in the mr2 and Camry, and evaporators were different I had read some were on an American forum.
    Or it could have been a mk1 not a mk2 swop?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast