Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blueflame N/A and 3VZFE

I've got the N/A blueflame on mine and love it. I have a few vids kicking around but don't think any of them are online yet - will try and get some up for you.

It has a nice Burble on it at low revs and opens up just perfectly when you put the foot down. I don't think it's too loud at any speed either, even cruising on the motorway at 80mph in 5th gear at 4-5krpm it's a very appealing sound - it just encourages you to put that right foot down for the instant pick up and amaaaaaazing noise :)

They do seem to hang slightly squint though, but it's barely noticeable.

Oooooh, found this video of it on my old car (same setup):

And some pics, don't seem to have any of it fitted to the new car yet!

And some older jobbies when it was fitted to the 3S-GE (which still had the grill in place):

Check out my MR2 journal

Ah, I remember that night. Was when I finally decided to go for the conversion! :)

Exhaust sounded really good, not too loud and quite cultured between 2-4_5K revs turning louder above that. Certainly not as loud as my Fujitsubo.

The wonky pipes would do my head in though. It's a shame they don't come straight out. Why on the piss?? lol

Olie, is the 80Db Skytune a figure at idle? I like the Fuji for sound but it is just that bit loud, especially after getting rid of the Y pipe merge with a custom system. Would it be quieter than what I have if I got the Skytune backbox?

I'm not too sure chief, it just says on the site they have an 80 and an 88Db version of the Mr2 backbox.

I would imagine that's at tickover, that's about standard for an aftermarket is it not?

Hi chaps,
    the exhaust that I gave to fit on my MK1V6 conversion late last year is a powerflow box, this had a variety of end pieces available at the time I bought it about 2.5 years ago for my previous MK1. It sounds much better with the V6 on the !.6 std engine it was just loud!!!
    I collected my V6 on the 28th Dec 2008 from Woodsport, the car is blimmin' fan dabby dozy, happy with it in every way and I seem to be developing a flip top head the grins so big. the 5 minute journey to work now takes at least 1/2 an hour.......
    MANY THANX TO ALL AT WOODSPORT INVOLVED WITH THE BUILD....

Thanks everyone :) Im now more confused than ever. I now might be able to get my hands on a second hand Magnex

Just realised that the video I posted doesn't seem to work?!

Here's a link:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t=MOV00094.flv
    Check out my MR2 journal

Is that video still up? I was unable to see it on my iPhone & am curious if it's still available. I'd love to check out your setup

I did a bit of photobucket rearranging a short while ago so the vids have moved. Still got them though so I'll post up some new links after I've had brekky :)
    Check out my MR2 journal

Actually, it's still there, it's just that the photobucket video is Flash based, which isn't compatible with the iphone :( It works fine from a PC or flash compatible phone browser :)
    Check out my MR2 journal

Unfortunately that's what I have lol. I'll whip out the old laptop and check it out. I can't wait!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast